Options

5 Years into IT and made six figs. Never needed a degree.

raleighbluetechraleighbluetech Registered Users Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
This post is mostly to provide some sort of motivation for those who are newer to IT.

I started the journey after an academic suspension. I went back to delivering pizzas, while I put my head down to hustle and study certifications. My salary increased exponentially really quickly after I pivoted into tech.

I started working for free as a Field Tech, four months later, I was a contractor at Cisco. The rest is history.

Thanks to this community I knew the paths to take. I wrote a guide if anyone's interested. I just wanted to thank everyone here for the wealth and archive of useful knowledge!

Comments

• Options
    wiredtitanwiredtitan Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I know it's a long journey myself.

The guide you have is pretty good! Post the guide! This community has been amazingly supportive
    CCNA, Security+ and other certifications that haven't been worth mentioning
  • Options
    raleighbluetechraleighbluetech Registered Users Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is a paid guide. I put a lot of effort writing it. But it doesn't cost any more than a cup of coffee. Hope that's okay!

Here's my tips based on my journey to making six figures
  • Options
    WhiteMilkWhiteMilk Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is a paid guide. I put a lot of effort writing it. But it doesn't cost any more than a cup of coffee. Hope that's okay!

Here's my tips based on my journey to making six figures
    You lured us in with the vague post about starting as a Field Tech, then Cisco. The rest was history!

What you failed to mention was, the history. Based on your purposely less than beneficial (to anyone in the world) 8th post , you were then waiting for a response. 

Once you found someone to bite the bait, you link a guide to where someone has to PAY? 

I am literally laughing and logging out...
  • Options
    WhiteMilkWhiteMilk Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I know it's a long journey myself.

The guide you have is pretty good! Post the guide! This community has been amazingly supportive
    Logging in. Welp.

How did you know the guide was pretty good, without seeing it? He didn't post the link until after you commented. 

The internet never fails to not surprise me. 

I have a feeling someone has more than one account. 

I am literally laughing and logging out (again) ..
  • Options
    itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I also suspected the dual account. The post is rather vague on history aspect.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Here, just take my money. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS