Which tech blogger(s) are your fave??

shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
Just curious who you follow or mentor.  I know everyone's list will be different, as most are in different areas of IT.

It can be from many different platforms (Online Training sites, YouTube, OwnWebsite, Discord, FB, MeWe, Twitch, Github, etc)

Name as many as you want or can recommend. :)

1) PeteNetLive
2) Dan's Courses
3) Heath Adams
4) NullByte
5) Professor Messer

Hi5 ~ Very Nice !

CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP

Comments

• LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is a strange topic. :)

Over the past ...15 years, I have gathered 232 infosec sources that I follow in Feedly. I have a tab opened daily, but the amount of times I've read things from my feeds in the last 5 years is probably less than 5.

I have 42 podcasts for infosec in podcast addict. I've probably listened to 5 episodes of any of those podcasts over the past 5 years.

I just find that I can't usually bring myself to fill time with either of those activities today. I tend to have a Twitter stream nearby most of the time that I can idly glance at and usually click on something interesting maybe 4-5 times a day (which is fine enough for me!). I also have a Discord and Slack window open much of the time, and I regularly participate there, but usually it's just 1 Slack site (I hate moving through others) and 1 Discord (I hate moving through others). Yes, I miss the days of blogging, forums, and IRC. I find I could consume those platforms better. I still do Reddit, but it's often advice on stuff, rather than something useful. At least with Twitter, useful things can bubble up to the surface and catch my eye without me sifting through it.

For learning, I usually have some roadmap in front of me for the next year, so I subscribe to courses and course sites as I need. Beyond that, I have Pocket and a OneNote note with a large backlog of things to do. :)

If there are some sites I gravitate towards for news, it's like the BHIS blog and Sophos' Naked Security and SANS' blog. I branch out from there, really.

Maybe someday I'll get back to my to do item to put my podcast and rss feeds list on github...  I used to keep a pretty extensive list of links on my own blog, but I've since removed that as a relic of years past.

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • gurwinderkaurgurwinderkaur Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My Favorite Tech Blogs are TechCrunch, Cnet, Mashable, Gizmodo,etc.
  • YarBYarB Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I also check PeteNetLive, Cnet, and Gizmodo. But I understand that there is a great number of useful sources. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Krebs on Security has some interesting stuff, but I don't really follow him too much.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Blogs specifically for tech? I go for reviewers of computer hardware like Tom's Hardware and consumer stuff reviews at WireCutter.
  • maxlakonskymaxlakonsky Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like Cnet and Gizmodo