AZ-104 Azure Administrator Associate

orange81orange81 Registered Users Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello, just passed the AZ-900 and will be working on the AZ-104 next. I don't have too much real-world experience working in an Azure environment but to anyone that had passed the AZ-104 what study materials did you use to pass? Thank you

Comments

• itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Care to share what materials you used for AZ-900? How long did it take you?
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass! AZ-104 has a lot of content, take your time. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • orange81orange81 Registered Users Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    itdept said:
    Congrats on the pass. Care to share what materials you used for AZ-900? How long did it take you?
    Hi Itdept sure. Used the free modules at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/az-900

and that’s it. Just went through it a few times. It took me about 3 weeks 1-2 hours per day.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    orange81 said:
    Hello, just passed the AZ-900 and will be working on the AZ-104 next. I don't have too much real-world experience working in an Azure environment but to anyone that had passed the AZ-104 what study materials did you use to pass? Thank you
    Congrats!  Since its Pearson Vue, did you take the exam in one of their testing centers?  
    AnthonX
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice! I'm working on this myself.

I find that I have let myself stagnate in support far too long, and I'm honestly sick to death of it.  The pay has also stagnated pretty badly.  With the events of the past year, I've been mostly remote.  I don't really want to ever go back to full time office, and I'd like to up my skills.

So I figure Azure is the way to go.   

Have any of you made a similar jump?    I haven't visited this site in so long, it obviously changed.  But I value the community and promise to be more present.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I passed with the online learn course, one iteration of instructor led and re-reading the skill pipe.

Wont lie. I failed the first time by a few questions. And I passed by a few. 104, IMO, is one of the most difficult exams I’ve taken in awhile. The concepts aren’t difficult to understand but when we start talking about radial buttons and slight nuances that can’t be known without labbing, it does definitely increase the difficulty. Also, there’s definitely a greater emphasis on networking and load balancers.

It definitely requires some definite competence.