Passed GIAC GCLD

scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hi all,

Sat for GCLD yesterday as I am doing most of my work in the cloud these days. Got a 99, though that's more down to everything falling in place on the day more than anything else. A great course for anyone wanting to get their feet wet in regard to working in the cloud. Even though it is a "400" class, was not basic but there was something for everyone - the novice and the more experienced. Onwards and upwards next - either AWS Security or GCPN to understand the attack vectors in the cloud. 

Thanks.
AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...

Comments

• UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Well done mate!!

Assuming this was work/study? I was about to ask whether it was a bit too basic for you?
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks mate. Yep was work study. I did it to introduce me to the other CSP's - Azure/GCP which was good. Also found it helped plug some knowledge in AWS. Overall, a pretty good course. 
  • Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    scasc said:
    Thanks mate. Yep was work study. I did it to introduce me to the other CSP's - Azure/GCP which was good. Also found it helped plug some knowledge in AWS. Overall, a pretty good course. 
    Any way you want to share your index, if you had one? I'm in that course right now through on-demand.
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeh sure, happy to. But be aware my index is pretty basic and works for me. May not for you. I’ve seen some pretty funky ones on the platform in general. 

DM me and I can share via email.
  • DaniellaKDaniellaK Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What kind of questions are asked in GCLD ? Can you please share the index you've created. I am currently attending the course and plan to take the exam soon.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    You need to build your own index from the current GCLD books and not use an index made from old GCLD books that don't fit the modern GCLD exam.
    Building an index yourself is part of the learning process. Just having an index and the books will not enable you to pass any GIAC exam. You need to know the material as well because using your brain is a lot quicker than flipping pages.