Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    isiac316isiac316 Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I see a number of positions was reposted for Afghanistan on vectrus career site. Has anyone reapplied 
  • Options
    WhiteMilkWhiteMilk Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited March 2021
    isiac316 said:
    I see a number of positions was reposted for Afghanistan on vectrus career site. Has anyone reapplied 
    They had an all hands meeting very recently. They said the issue is CRC. They said they have people they've extended the offer letter to. But, they can't get all of them into CRC. So if  someone applied, I am willing to bet they won't have a CRC date and will just be waiting in line. Just like before. Most (more than likely all) of the Afghanistan positions have been posted before. The Kuwait positions, maybe one I've never seen before. Take into consideration, I don't look at the job posting site everyday or every week. 

At has been mentioned, Vectrus isn't the only company the middle east. I will mention again, I know someone personally who deployed from the states (not with Vectrus) and bypassed CRC all together. When I went to CRC 1 billion years ago, they had waivers. They still do. 

A lot of sections are working extra hours. A lot of people have left and zero have came in. To be honest the single, no kids, no responsibility man/woman probably wants to work the extra hours to make the extra pay. That man/woman probably doesn't want new people to come in. I am just giving you facts no fluff. We all came to the middle east to make money right? Yeah fine with me. Go ahead and leave while I up my hours and UP my pay. $$$,$$$. Win - Win. The majority of the people who have (loving and caring) families (they must spend time with) have left for them. Anyone can quit any day of the week. So if someone is deployed with Vectrus, they want to be here. No matter if they are crying and complaining, they can quit and go home. Kuwait, you can catch a taxi to the airport. Bases in Afghan, you can walk to the DFS/Emirates terminal and leave. Iraq, you can fly out of Erbil. You can ship your stuff home on most bases. DHL will ship all your TA-50 no problema! You can leave/quit Afghan, Iraq, and Kuwait and not tell anybody you left. It has been done. So the opportunity to stay or go has no barrier. 

So the people deployed (in Afghan) are going to be looking at paying cash for a 2021 Lamborghini Aventador when this is all said and done. -joke- LOL

• Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Seriously, Vectrus is far from the only company Americans can work in the Middle East or combat zones. Hell, if your job is 100% remote, you can sponsor yourself to work remotely in the UAE now if you so desired. By living in the UAE you could be eligible for the foreign earned income exclusion and have your salary be most or even all tax free.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Seriously, Vectrus is far from the only company Americans can work in the Middle East or combat zones. Hell, if your job is 100% remote, you can sponsor yourself to work remotely in the UAE now if you so desired. By living in the UAE you could be eligible for the foreign earned income exclusion and have your salary be most or even all tax free.
    You are talking a lot about the UAE in your post history LOL Then when I go to your profile and click the link and you have a website (under construction). I am about to go to the McAfee icon, and run a full scan on my computer just in case I was victimized LOL.  I am starting to think you are a recruiter. LOL. As you can see, this is a Vectrus thread. The majority of jobs Vectrus has are not in the UAE. If you want to promote UAE, create a UAE thread!

I am not sure how a US person with a clearance, that will have to remote/VPN into another system can do that overseas. Yes it can be done. But you haven't posted any reputable proof of such. A lot of the stuff posted online in general, is he said she said. What you post is he said she said. A lot of foreign countries filter and watch internet traffic. If you think the US was bad, you have another thing coming. I remember I was in the UAE and my VPN wouldn't work. When I left UAE it worked perfectly fine. What does that tell you? Imagine taking a remote job in UAE, all the while your internet traffic is monitored and you magically don't have a clearance one day because of what someone on TechExams said LOL. Imagine doing classified work that's not as classified as you thought and the UAE government and UAE intel agencies are doing backflips (while smiling) every time you log in . 

Most people here, are looking to make serious money. Respectfully, the jobs based out of UAE aren't that high up on the pay scale. Besides for the tax benefits (realistically, that's dang near anywhere outside of the US), a seasoned professional can make more stateside than in the UAE. . With downfalls of UAE:
    1. You are not eating at the DFAC for free 3 times a day. Paying for food. Endless options. Deployed Location - Eating at the DFAC 4 times a day. Free. 
    2. Travel - The opportunities are endless. A good portion of international flights have a layover in Dubai. That means, you can get a lot of 1 way flights out of UAE. Deployed location - Walking to work, home, PX, laundry all within 20 minutes of each other. 
    3. Transportation - You have to drive or be driven to work everyday. Traffic. Deployed location - Walking to work in 5 minutes and 32 seconds. 
    4. Alcohol - Deployed Location - No Alcohol 
    5. Women/Men - Sex Deployed Location: Not so common. Not saying it's not happening but not so common
    6. UAE - Hardship 5-10% Danger 0% Deployed Location Afghan as an example: Hardship 35% Danger 35%. 
    Shopping - Endless Options Deployed Location Amazon. Who is worried about looking like a GQ model in Iraq/Afghanistan. Kuwait, maybe another topic of discussion. 
    8. Housing - Who is paying the rent and utilities. Who is paying for cable. Is that part of the *package* is that part of the *compensation*. I did an interview for a job in a said area and the salary was good, until I calculated how much out of pocket rent I would be paying. Deployed Location Nothing to brag about. It's not a tent. You don't have 3 other people in your room. You have options for extra channels. 

https://aoprals.state.gov/Web920/location_action.asp?MenuHide=1&CountryCode=1172

Last but not least: 

Money - 
    You'll make AND save more money in a deployed location such as Iraq and Afghanistan than you will in the UAE. IF I am going to leave my family, I am going to maximize my pockets. If you want to live a relaxed tax free life sure to go UAE or:
    1. Bahrain
    2. Qatar 
    3. Kuwait

If you really want to live outside of the ME, a lot of companies have jobs in Europe, Germany for example.  
  • Options
    balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It should be noted that not everyone can make it though CRC  to get to a Deployed Location...  But I do see  higher pay in " Deployed Locations" 
  • Options
    MJD75MJD75 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Curious what you mean but not everyone can make it through CRC? Medically or something else?
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    MJD75 said:
    Curious what you mean but not everyone can make it through CRC? Medically or something else?
    The vast majority of people in CRC make it out. There will be a checklist of things you need to accomplish when you get to CRC. A lot of computer based training and medical screenings. In general, the CBT isn't difficult but there are some people who fail to get it out of the way. In terms of medical, you SHOULD have this lined up before you get to CRC provided the company you're working for has their ducks in a row. Regardless, they will still want to verify at CRC to make everything is on the level. I ALMOST didn't make it last time because they wanted me to get an additional screening despite my records saying otherwise. It caused some running around but I made it out. Finally, there are people who simply lose their minds when in CRC and get into fights or are not at the time and place they're supposed to be. When I was demobilizing from Kabul in 2019 we had a guy get arrested because he got smashed and wanted to fight a bunch of people at a restaurant.  
  • Options
    WhiteMilk said:
    You are talking a lot about the UAE in your post history LOL Then when I go to your profile and click the link and you have a website (under construction). I am about to go to the McAfee icon, and run a full scan on my computer just in case I was victimized LOL.  I am starting to think you are a recruiter. LOL. As you can see, this is a Vectrus thread. The majority of jobs Vectrus has are not in the UAE. If you want to promote UAE, create a UAE thread!
    This started as a Vectrus thread but has moved beyond that into discussing deployment and working overseas in general. And no I am not a recruiter, I am not even a hiring manager in this position lol. I do however believe in sharing information and letting people know of options out there.

I am not sure how a US person with a clearance, that will have to remote/VPN into another system can do that overseas. Yes it can be done. But you haven't posted any reputable proof of such. A lot of the stuff posted online in general, is he said she said. What you post is he said she said. A lot of foreign countries filter and watch internet traffic. If you think the US was bad, you have another thing coming. I remember I was in the UAE and my VPN wouldn't work. When I left UAE it worked perfectly fine. What does that tell you? Imagine taking a remote job in UAE, all the while your internet traffic is monitored and you magically don't have a clearance one day because of what someone on TechExams said LOL. Imagine doing classified work that's not as classified as you thought and the UAE government and UAE intel agencies are doing backflips (while smiling) every time you log in That tells me you had the wrong VPN. I'm on VPN for my home ISP and I use our corporate VPN there too for remote work. There are challenges but any decently tech savvy person can overcome them. My biggest problem with VPN is Amazon Prime keeps changing their system to spot VPNs. Oh well, I guess I will be okay anyway. Oh, the UAE government doesn't give a **** what we write in the forums, to be blunt, no one here including myself are just not that important. I am much more concerned about my own government spying on me. That said, I don't know of a single person who's lost a clearance over a comment - YOU haven't presented proof of that. 

Most people here, are looking to make serious money. Respectfully, the jobs based out of UAE aren't that high up on the pay scale. Besides for the tax benefits (realistically, that's dang near anywhere outside of the US), a seasoned professional can make more stateside than in the UAE. . With downfalls of UAE: That's only a reality in the ME. Even in Iraq, there is an income tax, most employers, except my last one and Vectrus apparently, paid the tax without taking out of the employee's paycheck. Working in Europe, and in much of the rest of the world, you will likely pay income taxes to that country, unless you're on a DoD contract job that falls under a SOFA or tax agreement, and those types of jobs have been gradually decreasing. Other countries are asserting their right to collect income taxes on Americans working abroad.
    1. You are not eating at the DFAC for free 3 times a day. Paying for food. Endless options. Deployed Location - Eating at the DFAC 4 times a day. Free. Food in the ME is dirt cheap, unless you absolute can only eat American branded foods. Some companies hiring expats even provide a food allowance, very rare nowadays, but it still happens. 
    2. Travel - The opportunities are endless. A good portion of international flights have a layover in Dubai. That means, you can get a lot of 1 way flights out of UAE. Deployed location - Walking to work, home, PX, laundry all within 20 minutes of each other. 
    We are in agreement here.
    3. Transportation - You have to drive or be driven to work everyday. Traffic. Deployed location - Walking to work in 5 minutes and 32 seconds. Guess what, driving or being transported is the reality everywhere outside of the tiny amount of deployed work.
    4. Alcohol - Deployed Location - No Alcohol Really? I had access to plenty of alcohol on my last deployment.
    5. Women/Men - Sex Deployed Location: Not so common. Not saying it's not happening but not so common Meh, if you need sex that badly you can get it anywhere. 
    6. UAE - Hardship 5-10% Danger 0% Deployed Location Afghan as an example: Hardship 35% Danger 35%. Yes, we agree here, that is the draw of working in warzones. However, those positions are shrinking, maybe a new warzone will open up, but for now, it's shrinking, as I said earlier this thread has expanded beyond its original post. 
    Shopping - Endless Options Deployed Location Amazon. Who is worried about looking like a GQ model in Iraq/Afghanistan. Kuwait, maybe another topic of discussion. Irrelevant. I've seen people in Afghanistan blow their paychecks on fancy stuff they really didn't need, first class travel, staying at suites at expensive hotels, or simply when they return home, go on spending sprees. It's all about self discipline, saving money then investing it. You can do that regardless where you are located. 
    8. Housing - Who is paying the rent and utilities. Who is paying for cable. Is that part of the *package* is that part of the *compensation*. I did an interview for a job in a said area and the salary was good, until I calculated how much out of pocket rent I would be paying. Deployed Location Nothing to brag about. It's not a tent. You don't have 3 other people in your room. You have options for extra channels. It's all a matter of finding a good employer. Even in the US, there are great companies to work for, and there are lousy companies to work for, the salaries and benefits can vary drastically between companies for the same position. If the company didn't even offer a basic housing allowance, you were smart to turn them down (sounds like my last employer, for their American Dubai employees, they didn't offer anything other than salary lol). And as with anywhere else in the world, including the US, price of housing varies greatly. I can use my housing allowance to get a luxury apartment, as many of my colleagues do, or, I can pay for an inexpensive apartment in a decent area and keep the difference. If you insist on niceties and living around other Americans, of course you will pay a lot. After being deployed 10 years living in shipping containers, I was content to get a decent apartment with neighbors from around the world, I am not the only westerner, but I think I am the only American in my apartment building. 

https://aoprals.state.gov/Web920/location_action.asp?MenuHide=1&CountryCode=1172

Last but not least: 

Money - 
    You'll make AND save more money in a deployed location such as Iraq and Afghanistan than you will in the UAE. IF I am going to leave my family, I am going to maximize my pockets. If you want to live a relaxed tax free life sure to go UAE or:
    1. Bahrain
    2. Qatar 
    3. Kuwait
    Here's the thing, with a good employer, you wouldn't have to leave your family. There are companies that sponsor family visas and even pay for schools. Of course deployed jobs are different though husbands and wives have deployed together. 
    If you really want to live outside of the ME, a lot of companies have jobs in Europe, Germany for example.  True, but for most Americans, unless they are DoD jobs, or, they are supremely good at their jobs, or, just happen to be at the right place at the right time, or, married to a spouse of that country, it's hard to break into that market. 
    I get it, the UAE is not for you and that's fine. There may be others reading this who are informed, and they can weigh the pros and cons and decide for themselves if they want to pursue non-deployed jobs. Unless a mod tells me otherwise, I will continue to share relevant IT employment information in the Middle East. You can just ignore it. 

• Options
    I was referring to medical wavers. However I too have also seen people show up late and get into fights  while at CRC. 
  • Options
    Jr1984Jr1984 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone going to Afghanistan? I just had my last interview for clearance
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Jr1984 said:
    Anyone going to Afghanistan? I just had my last interview for clearance

You still will be going to Afghanistan? 🤔  Make sure you keep your resume updated and at least it looks like you got your security clearance. 😏
  • Options
    emptyrowateyateemptyrowateyate Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did get a technical interview..unfortunately I did not get the job :(
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nobody is being allowed back into Afghanistan. As of this past Sunday I was told by Vectrus that I am not able to go back to my current position due to the drawdown. So don’t plan on going to Afghanistan. They are moving all the positions to Qatar. Also the contract is currently under protest anyone trying to get on with them.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Speghetty said:
    Nobody is being allowed back into Afghanistan. As of this past Sunday I was told by Vectrus that I am not able to go back to my current position due to the drawdown. So don’t plan on going to Afghanistan. They are moving all the positions to Qatar. Also the contract is currently under protest anyone trying to get on with them.
    You must have left on medical/emergency leave. 

Yes?

They've had positions posted in Qatar for months. Getting the visa and getting into Qatar was the problem. 

It's been national news that we were pulling out of Afghanistan. It's googleable. So, if we are supposed to be decreasing numbers, from a company standpoint I wouldn't let anyone back in either. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/politics/biden-afghanistan-withdrawal/index.html
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited April 2021
    WhiteMilk said:
    Speghetty said:

Yes?

They've had positions posted in Qatar for months. Getting the visa and getting into Qatar was the problem. 

It's been national news that we were pulling out of Afghanistan. It's googleable. So, if we are supposed to be decreasing numbers, from a company standpoint I wouldn't let anyone back in either. 

That is correct I went home on bereavement leave my dad unfortunately passed away from cancer. Work Visas are also getting approved for Qatar now as I have received mine. Just a heads up the money in Qatar is terrible. Also it wasn’t the company per say it was the 2 star there saying they are no longer signing call forward memos.
  • Options
    Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Speghetty said:
    WhiteMilk said:
    Speghetty said:

Yes?

That is correct I went home on bereavement leave my dad unfortunately passed away from cancer. Work Visas are also getting approved for Qatar now as I have received mine. Just a heads up the money in Qatar is terrible. Also it wasn’t the company per say it was the 2 star there saying they are no longer signing call forward memos.
    How much of a difference?
  • Options
    Anyone take a contract with another company while waiting for your Vectrus contract? Any issues with doing that?
  • Options
    Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MJD75 said:
    Anyone take a contract with another company while waiting for your Vectrus contract? Any issues with doing that?
    Bro you gotta look out for yourself. Do what you need to do.
  • Options
    LOL I remember saying the Afghan withdrawal was going to be an eventuality and not too far in the future. I had suggested people have an exit strategy if they were on their way to report there, to be prepared. Yet I was flamed as attacking Vectrus which I did nothing of the sort. Anyway, in some ways it's kind of sad to see the end of the gravy train. It would have been amusing if the President would just wait one more year then the war would be old enough to drink. 
  • Options
    Xepher said:
    If anyone is interested in positions OCONUS, and CONUS, feel free to inbox, these positions aren't Vectrus.
    PM sent  
  • Options
    isiac316isiac316 Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    balance said:
    Xepher said:
    If anyone is interested in positions OCONUS, and CONUS, feel free to inbox, these positions aren't Vectrus.
    PM sent  
    PM sent as well
  • Options
    a3ga3g Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Speghetty said:
    Xepher check dm
  • Options
    a3ga3g Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Speghetty said:
    Speghetty, 

Were you IA - VA-1 ? I am on that list waiting for a nod as well. 
  • Options
    ithero2020ithero2020 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    since Afghanistan is closing down. Does anyone know if they are still hiring for positions in Iraq.
  • Options
    since Afghanistan is closing down. Does anyone know if they are still hiring for positions in Iraq.
    For those with TS/SCI and are interested going to Iraq, this was forwarded to me:
    https://careers.jacobs.com/job/12626861/systems-administrator-baghdad-iq/

• Options
    emptyrowateyateemptyrowateyate Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any thoughts about working in kuwait for vectrus. Thinkin bout applying. Thanks
  • Options
    I believe Kuwait is still on lockdown and not able to deploy anyone yet
  • Options
    MJD75 said:
    I believe Kuwait is still on lockdown and not able to deploy anyone yet
    This is correct.  Even if you can somehow get here... Getting a Visa is going to the the hard part.  Right now the Visa14's are getting renewed every 90 days I believe .
  • Options
    Anyone know about going to Baghdad, Iraq?