Unannounced changes to CompTIA PearsonVue accounts

FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
WARNING: PearsonVue have messed with their login system!

Your CompTIA @ PearsonVue username was forcibly changed without prior notice. Go check and fix your accounts immediately, or it will bite you in the ass once you need to take an exam!

See here for details -> https://home.pearsonvue.com/Clients/CompTIA.aspx

Or if you don't trust the link, google "comptia pearsonvue" and go to their page through there.

This isn't phishing or whatever :D I ran into this issue last night, while testing the at-home OnVue software. Their site wouldn't let me login anymore, with creds that worked the week before. Which is when I discovered this big mess.
Tagged:

Comments

• FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would not tell "unannounced" but unexpected. I received an email with notification

Hi IT Pro,

You have an upcoming CompTIA exam, and the way you login will be changing slightly.

A new Pearson VUE testing account has been created for you which only contains your CompTIA exam registrations and history. Additional information to access your new account is provided on the Pearson VUE account sign-in page

at www.pearsonvue.com/comptia.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are taking your exam online, you may use the OnVUE check-in link found in your appointment confirmation or reminder emails to launch your exam. Your original Pearson VUE testing account will retain your exams for any other organization, and may be accessed on the respective sign-in page.

We wish you all the best on your upcoming CompTIA exam!

Kind regards,

CompTIA Customer Service Team

I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

trojin said:
    I would not tell "unannounced" but unexpected. I received an email with notification
    Then they're inconsistent. I didn't get anything like that and got quite the fright last night.
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Then they're inconsistent.
    That's true. Communication is not CompTIA strong point 
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

trojin said:
    Then they're inconsistent.
    That's true. Communication is not CompTIA strong point 
    In this case it's not CompTIA, but PearsonVue who've screwed the pooch. They're not only reorganising CompTIA-related accounts, but basically accounts for anyone who's tested with more than one vendor.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    @FluffyBunny I managed to create a new PV account using the instructions on PV page. I think PV will be fielding a lot of customer service calls by people who can't get into their prior PV CompTIA account to sign up for an exam.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    PearsonVue is a POS company btw
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP