Certification Goal for 2021

2»

Comments

• TrikeryTrikery Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Picked up the Sec+ last year.  Then have pretty quickly knocked out the SSCP in Feb and CySA+ this month.  I have the CISSP scheduled for end of April.  I'm thinking I'll stop after that.  It's a lot of review, I have done a lot of the stuff in the tests over the course of my last job for 7 or so years, just now getting around to verifying it all with certs.  On the fence about going for the Net+ / A+ at this point, that would be what I would do after finishing the CISSP, but I don't know if it's necessary with Sec+ / CySA+ already. 
    Eventually want to grab the GCFA but only if someone wants to pay at a future job. 
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    In your case A+ is totally not necessary..  Maybe Net+, if you are really into collecting certification.  Have you look at other hands-on security certification like OSCP or EJPT ?
    I don't really want to collect them, I'm trying to push for ones I think are practical and keep stepping up.  Only reason I thought about backtracking was I have read that missing Net+ or A+ might be viewed as a gap in knowledge.  I don't necessarily  feel I need either one, I think I have the knowledge for both from work / school.  But  I figured I could pose the question here, I have read enough here to know the advice is good.
    OSCP I have read a lot about and  have coworkers who took shots at it.  I don't know anyone who has passed though so it is daunting. I'll take a look at the  eJPT.  
    Thanks!
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I passed SVPN and I’m CCNP security certified now.  I’m strongly considering taking the rest of the year off.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @thomas_ Trust me its not a bad idea! Mental health comes first. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
    Finished out the goals I listed.  Picked up SSCP(Feb), CySA+(March), just provisionally passed the CISSP.  I think I'm pretty much done for the year, opening another security cert book might make me cry.
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Taking it easy with the amount for exams that I'll be scheduling this year. The CCSP scheduled for next month and hopefully I can clear that off the table. Otherwise, the company has mandated that I take the Azure Fundamentals certification which will be not a problem.
  • StirlitzStirlitz Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed COSO ERM (it was nice and useful) and started my MBA program.
    I'm going to pass CGEIT at the end of May. Please stop me))
  • dmaketasdmaketas Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've decided this year to achieve the OneTrust Fellow of Privacy Technology, mainly for myself, so far I've cleared 5 of them in 2021, plus 2 I've cleared last year, so I'm missing 4.

Otherwise, I must do the Open FAIR certification since I have the coupon from last year and tomorrow I'm sitting for the BRMP, which is paid by my employer.
  • XiPXiP Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dmaketas said:
    I've decided this year to achieve the OneTrust Fellow of Privacy Technology, mainly for myself, so far I've cleared 5 of them in 2021, plus 2 I've cleared last year, so I'm missing 4.

Otherwise, I must do the Open FAIR certification since I have the coupon from last year and tomorrow I'm sitting for the BRMP, which is paid by my employer.
    I recently cleared all of them. Hello soon to be fellow FPT!
    M.Sc, CISSP-ISSAP/ISSEP/ISSMP, CCSP, CCAK, CCSK, CSSLP, CFE, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CDPSE, ITCA, ITIL, COBIT, PMP, CBP, FPT, CIPP/US, CIPM, CIPT, ACE, CEH, CSM, CSPO, NSE1, NSE2, AZ900, MB901, AI900, DP900, MS900, PCEP, ITF+, A+, Cloud+, Security+, Network+, CCAP, CIOS, CSCP, CSIS
    XiP said:
    dmaketas said:

Thank you very much XiP. In the meantime I cleared two more certifications for OneTrust and I successfully passed the BRMP.
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    DZA_ said:
    Taking it easy with the amount for exams that I'll be scheduling this year. The CCSP scheduled for next month and hopefully I can clear that off the table. Otherwise, the company has mandated that I take the Azure Fundamentals certification which will be not a problem.

Wrote and passed the CCSP exam yesterday. One exam goal off the list this year. :)
    Awesome work @DZA_ , congrats on your achievement! 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
  • FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Almost half-way through the year I've been shuffling my priorities a little bit. 
    • Network+ and AZ400 have been dropped from the should-do list for 2021.
    • Docker DCA and K8s fundamentals are still on that list.
    • Python training and a project or two were bumped up. 
    I'll also be teaching the Pentest+ TTT in October, so that's putting stress on my plans :D

edited May 2021
    Mine have also changed.

Focused now on EnCase EnCE Forensics certification, Splunk Power User and Enterprise Admin certs,  and Azure SC-200, SC-300, SC-400, AZ-500.

Pentesting and red team stuff will have to wait until next year.  
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passed AZ-104 a few weeks back.  Now onto Vmware 2V0-21.20 cert as my job is paying for it and AZ-500 in November.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Since I completed AZ-303/304 training last month I would like to achieve the Azure Solutions Architect Expert credential in Q1. I hope to start a masters program in September 2021 so if that goes well then I will not work on any other certifications next year. If that does not work out then I will get some more ISACA badges (CRISC, CGEIT). 
    Update: I did complete the Azure Solutions Architect Expert credential in early Feb. Have not worked on anything else since it has not been necessary for my current role, but based on two potential opportunities I am currently discussing I will either go CRISC or PSPO I in the summer. We shall see. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    dmaketas said:
    XiP said:
    dmaketas said:

Thank you very much XiP. In the meantime I cleared two more certifications for OneTrust and I successfully passed the BRMP.
    Update: I cleared OneTrust FPT!! Such a relief. Now off to OpenFair and hopefully I'm done for 2021.
  • JoveJove Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited June 2021
    My certification goals:
    CCSK
    AWS SAA
    AWS Security
    CISA

Completed this year:
    CCSK

• MadmaximusMadmaximus Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jove said:
    My certification goals:
    CCSK
    AWS SAA
    AWS Security
    CISA

Completed this year:
    CCSK

How's CCSK? Is it challenging or just enough for a cloud newbie?
  • JoveJove Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited June 2021
    Jove said:
    My certification goals:
    CCSK
    AWS SAA
    AWS Security
    CISA

Completed this year:
    CCSK

How's CCSK? Is it challenging or just enough for a cloud newbie?
    CCSK can be challenging if you didn't read the three required documents before taking the exam.  I read the three CSA documents four times, created a 120 page study guide, and read a CCSK practice exam guide twice before taking the exam.