Threat Intel feed

MadmaximusMadmaximus Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi experts, I would like ask for your recommendation/inputs about Threat Intel platforms. Is it worth it to pay for threat intel feeds? If yes, which platform? If no, what's the best strategy to utilize open source threat intel feeds? 

Thank you! 

Comments

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I do not pay for any threat feeds, but I am a member of InfraGard and get regular updates from them. It's free to join, but you need to be in an industry that supports U.S. Critical Infrastructure. You also have to get an FBI background check, but not to the extent to getting something like a Public trust clearance.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    It depends on the size of the enterprise and how many different security services (e.g., Cloud, email, Malware analysis, etc.) you subscribe to. It seems as if most InfoSec-related products these days have a built-in threat-intel feature. Is there one SOAR platform to rule them all?
  • MadmaximusMadmaximus Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I do not pay for any threat feeds, but I am a member of InfraGard and get regular updates from them. It's free to join, but you need to be in an industry that supports U.S. Critical Infrastructure. You also have to get an FBI background check, but not to the extent to getting something like a Public trust clearance.
    Yes, this is a good one and I've came across this already but InfraGard is not accepting new applicants until now. Given the chance, I'll definitely join this platform. 
  • MadmaximusMadmaximus Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    It depends on the size of the enterprise and how many different security services (e.g., Cloud, email, Malware analysis, etc.) you subscribe to. It seems as if most InfoSec-related products these days have a built-in threat-intel feature. Is there one SOAR platform to rule them all?
    SOAR has been on top of our list but we don't have this solution until now because of budget constraints. Our SIEM has been integrated to a Threat Intel platform where we are on a free subscription. This platform has been asking us to move to the paid subscription but we cannot/do not want due to again, tight budget,