Pentest+ 2 Beta

GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
Has anyone signed up and taken the new Pentest+ Beta exam? I have my exam scheduled for 26 JUN. I'm studying for the OSCP so I'm using that for Pentest+ prep. I'm trying to find sample exam questions that are the most similar to the actual exam. Does anyone have suggestions? 

I took the Pentest+ v1 Beta a few years back and failed. I would like to pass this time. :smiley:

Comments

• GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    Have you seen this discussion?
    Thank you JD. That's good info. They didn't mention sample questions to use for exam prep, but as I remember from the first Beta Pentest+ it was heavy on nmap. I didn't study one bit for the first one, but I am for this one.
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sat already, exam was a pain. I'm afraid I won't pass at this time. But I did not prepare at all
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I barely prepared for the first PenTest+ beta exam and barely passed it. I didn't bother bother taking this second beta exam because I knew that I would have to study well to pass, and my head is just not into Software Systems Quality Assurance right now.

trojin said:
    sat already, exam was a pain. I'm afraid I won't pass at this time. But I did not prepare at all
    That's what I thought about the first Pentest+. I read over the objectives and was surprised by how many there are. Was it heavy on nmap and coding?
    JDMurray said:
    I barely prepared for the first PenTest+ beta exam and barely passed it. I didn't bother bother taking this second beta exam because I knew that I would have to study well to pass, and my head is just not into Software Systems Quality Assurance right now.

Thanks for the info! Congrats on your pass on the first beta. B)
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    trojin said:
    That's what I thought about the first Pentest+. I read over the objectives and was surprised by how many there are. Was it heavy on nmap and coding?
    First beta was easy. This is "very" heavy on nmap, but not only. I'm sure you will be surprised few times
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

trojin said:
    trojin said:
    First beta was easy. This is "very" heavy on nmap, but not only. I'm sure you will be surprised few times
    Oh well at least it's only $50. And I thought the first beta was hard. lol
  • jeremywatts2005jeremywatts2005 Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Anyone get any results from this second beta. Been waiting for what seems forever to hear. Been since April 2021 Almost 6 months which seems unusual
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    edited October 2021
    I waited nine months for the Cloud+ beta exam results. :neutral:
  • thepawofrizzonthepawofrizzon Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe right before or right after the new exam releases, on 10/24 I believe, is when we're supposed to hear.  So it should be soon.
  • FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The results are available. 

I passed :) Not my best score, but seeing how I pludged what was I going to expect? :smile:

• iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I Passed. 

Log into Pearson's Comptia page to check your results: https://home.pearsonvue.com/Clients/CompTIA.aspx
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • thepawofrizzonthepawofrizzon Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh great!  I figured the results would release soon......lemme go check.....

..and a pass!  Sheesh, I'm pleased!
  • camerono808camerono808 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Results are in.  Congrats to all who passed the beta!
    I passed! It was close though; 756 with 750 needed to pass. lol
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passed with 788, better than first beta where I barely passed.