Options

CCNP 642-892

shriram83shriram83 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I am planning to take Routing and Switching composite paper. Can anyone tell me how is the new exam pattern?. Has anyone taken this exam?

Comments

• Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Hi,

You check this link.

Good studies.

Romain.
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    peterd51peterd51 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

or you could now go the easy route and take routing, or switching, or either of the two other (new) exams to recertify.

If cisco allow the easy route, why knock yourself out with a 'double' exam?

Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    djmddjmd Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've gotta assume that the composite exam for NP is quite a bit different than taking the CCNA 801 exam rather than ICND and INTRO seperately... correct? I don't mean in subject matter obviously, but 120 minutes - that's gotta be a pretty long test. Anyone know how many questions are on it? I just passed CCNA a week ago and am going to start on NP very soon. I would like to get the composite out of the way by the end of the year.... but not sure if that's a reasonable goal.
  • Options
    peterd51peterd51 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

with the composite exam you have to pass both elements, routing and switching, on the same test.

You could score a maximum on either part but if you drop a point below the required score on the 'other' part then you've failed and you've got to retake the whole exam.

You'll need to study both parts anyway and the only thing you'll save is a few dollars in test fees...

I'd always take both exams separately even if I knew I was red-hot on both subjects.

Regards
    Peter