Options

Anyone attempted Exam SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst (beta)?

E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
edited April 2021 in Other Microsoft Electives
I am not required to do this, but have a free voucher for my participation in the Microsoft Ignite Skills Challenge so thinking of taking it just for fun. Curious to know if anyone else has given this a try. 
Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    I would take SC-200 if I had a free voucher! :p
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited April 2021
    I took the exam on March 8th with 3 weeks of study, since all beta exams had to be taken before the March 15th deadline. The study materials were good and felt they were very close to what was tested. Wish I had 2 months to study, as I felt during the exam I was missing some key details here and there, due to not having time to absorb all the topics. The exam was a lot on Sentinel questions. They say 40% but it seemed like 50-55%. 

This exam was very practical for anyone who manages Windows defender , O365, Azure Security Center, Sentinel.

As of last week I still had not received any word of my exam results. I only felt that I failed but I have no official word yet from Microsoft.

I plan on taking it again maybe around summer time.

Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    Took the exam a few weeks ago and didn't pass. I think my score was 500+. I went into it without studying just to see how it would be. I did not find the material that difficult. I simply just did not spend any time preparing lol. Oh well, it was a free voucher. I am moving into risk management soon so does not matter.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Funny this post just got revived. I took the exam on Friday July 2nd and passed. It was my second attempt. 

The material is not difficult, finding the environment to practice seems impossible. I work with defender for endpoint and defender for O365 (new MS names :smile:) so that helped me have access to navigate and familiarize myself with those two products. 

I had zero access to Azure Security Center or Azure Sentinel, which are the other two technologies covered in the exam.

I am now going for SC-300 "Identity Management" and after that SC-400 "Information Protection." I will probably take a serious look at AZ-303/304 next year. @E Double U what is your overall stance on the Architect exam? Felt it was a waste of time or glad you went through it?
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    Not a waste because it made sense for the role I was in. Though not needed in the role I started shortly after completing it, I like to finish what I start so since the effort was already put in I just had to take the exam. Didn’t hurt that my employer was paying for it lol.