CompTIA Data+

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
Has anyone taken the new CompTIA Data+ beta exam?

Comments

• AharrellAharrell Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did.  Already received my $200 via Amazon Gift Card from CompTIA for taking it.  I think it was a fine vendor-neutral Data Analytics exam... won't know the result until late October 2021 (I think...)
    M.Sc, CDPSE, CGEIT, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CISSP-ISSMP, CRISC, CySA+, HCISPP, ITIL, PenTest+, PMP, Project+, Sec+ 

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    They release the results of the beta exams when the exam itself is released into production. Isn't that suppose to be in early 2022?
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    at this time I did not receive invitation -  :(
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Man I wish I would of known about this one.  
    edited July 2021
    Rather than sending out invites, the Data+ beta requires applying to be invited to take the beta exam by filling out a questionnaire. It looks like the application has been open since last March, so I don't know how many people they still need for testing.
    I only found out about Data+ recently by stumbling across this post on reddit.
  • AharrellAharrell Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    They release the results of the beta exams when the exam itself is released into production. Isn't that suppose to be in early 2022?
    I think you're right on this.  The CASP+ Beta results are due out in October.  
    M.Sc, CDPSE, CGEIT, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CISSP-ISSMP, CRISC, CySA+, HCISPP, ITIL, PenTest+, PMP, Project+, Sec+ 

CompTIA Instructors Network (CIN) Sneak Peek for Data+
    Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 01:00 - 03:00 PM CDT

• mscdex001mscdex001 Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Aharrell said:
    I did.  Already received my $200 via Amazon Gift Card from CompTIA for taking it.  I think it was a fine vendor-neutral Data Analytics exam... won't know the result until late October 2021 (I think...)
    How long did you have to wait for the Amazon Gift card? I took the exam on the 26th and have not heard anything from CompTIA.
    Looks pretty comprehensive for a COMPTIA exam.  
    For years now, CompTIA has been revising their "+" exams to be more comprehensive and detailed to the point where I don't consider them to be "entry-level" anymore. CompTIA did try to create a set of mid-level-experience certifications, starting with CASP, but the market-recognition for their certs without the "+" was not good. So they dropped that idea, kept the "+" and decided that "+" did not denote a simple cert or easy exam. (I suggested making their mid-level certs "++", or using a cert naming format that doesn't begin with "C", "G", "M", or other acronym formats overused in the cert world.)

Anyway, Data+ will not be on the main track of any CompTIA cert path, but there is great interest in data analytics as the new, breakout career path of this decade. Therefore, we may see similar certs from other vendors, and especially from those businesses selling data analytic solutions for all industries.
    JDMurray said:
    For years now, CompTIA has been revising their "+" exams to be more comprehensive and detailed to the point where I don't consider them to be "entry-level" anymore. CompTIA did try to create a set of mid-level-experience certifications, starting with CASP, but the market-recognition for their certs without the "+" was not good. So they dropped that idea, kept the "+" and decided that "+" did not denote a simple cert or easy exam. (I suggested making their mid-level certs "++", or using a cert naming format that doesn't begin with "C", "G", "M", or other acronym formats overused in the cert world.)

Anyway, Data+ will not be on the main track of any CompTIA cert path, but there is great interest in data analytics as the new, breakout career path of this decade. Therefore, we may see similar certs from other vendors, and especially from those businesses selling data analytic solutions for all industries.
    I've been deep in Salesforce trailhead modules as of late.  The new role is primarily integrating data from source systems to our CRM salesforce platform.  

Anyway that certification is a great one to if you want to know the IT side of data analytics.  I could take it and pass it right now, but I've been in the backend data side one way or another for over 10 years.