Options

Anyone read the Amit Kalani book for Exam 70-536?

pstanleypstanley Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm interested in studying for:
Exam 70-536: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Application Development Foundation

Has anyone read the Amit Kalani book for Exam 70-536?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/MCTS-70-536-Exam-Prep-Foundation/dp/078973558X

Amazon has no reviews yet.

Obviously there is also the MS self paced training kit:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/MCTS-Self-Paced-Training-Microsoft-NET/dp/0735622779/sr=8-1/qid=1169464871/ref=pd_ka_1/203-7866894-2145559?ie=UTF8&s=books

But so many people say there are many mistakes and the reviews seem to be its ok-ish.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Both the US and UK Amazon.com sites list the Amit Kalani ExamPrep book as not yet published. The UK site lists the publication date as October 2007, while the US site lists the publication date as September 2006. I'm not sure what's up with the different dates eleven months apart.

The MCTS Self Paced Training Kit does have a lot of typos and errors in it, but there is a published errata. My only complaint is that it slows down my ability to use it as a reference work because I'm constantly checking the errata for revised information. I've started to make the corrections directly in the book's text and code as I find them.
  • Options
    jdmurray wrote:
    Both the US and UK Amazon.com sites list the Amit Kalani ExamPrep book as not yet published. The UK site lists the publication date as October 2007, while the US site lists the publication date as September 2006. I'm not sure what's up with the different dates eleven months apart.

The MCTS Self Paced Training Kit does have a lot of typos and errors in it, but there is a published errata. My only complaint is that it slows down my ability to use it as a reference work because I'm constantly checking the errata for revised information. I've started to make the corrections directly in the book's text and code as I find them.

Doh! Can't believe i didnt notice that its not published in the UK (im in London) till 12 Oct 2007!

Sept. 2006 was a while a go icon_wink.gif maybe that is a typo?

Sounds like the MCTS self paced training is the only way to learn this stuff for the exam then....... unless anyone else knows alternative books?
  • Options
    do you have the link to the errata for:
    MCTS Self Paced Training Kit: Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 Application Development Foundation

?

i might as well be prepared :)

thanks.