CyberCop's CCSP blog

CyberCop123CyberCop123 Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited August 2021 in CCSP
Hi All,

I've previously had two other threads on here logging my journey to CISSP and OSCP, so thought I'd do one for CCSP too. 

Some background - I don't really work in a dedicated IT role. I'm not even hands on anymore really, and I've not done any technical work for about 3 years. I feel as though I have forgotten everything from CISSP and OSCP which is a shame, but I know that things generally come back quite quickly.

My plan is to use two main resources:

1) CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide

I used the official guide for CISSP and loved the layout and the depth it went to, I also found it easy to read. I'm hoping this is similar.

2) (ISC)2 CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Practice Tests, 2nd Edition

I know important test questions are, so I'm going to do these alongside the studying.

Plus: 

3) I will also be doing the Cybrary videos too

I don't have an exam date yet, I have found in the past it is VERY beneficial to book it in so that you have a date to work to. So I may look at a date in around 12 weeks time. 

I'm not sure what to expect, but I am really interested in Cloud Security so hopefully I will enjoy it. 

Wish me luck!

Thanks
CyberCop123
My Aims
2017: OSCP -
COMPLETED
2018: CISSP -
COMPLETED
2019: GIAC GNFA - Advanced Network Forensics & Threat Hunting -
COMPLETED
           GIAC GREM - Reverse Engineering of Malware -
COMPLETED

2021: CCSP
2022: OSWE (hopefully)

Comments

• fadsterfadster Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @CyberCop123 All the best and keep us posted.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What you learned from CISSP will come back to you while studying CCSP. I passed CISSP in 2015 and CCSP in 2019. I honestly felt like it was a security exam that just used the word cloud in the questions. This is what I used to prepare:

CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide
    Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CCSP CBK
    CCSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests

Good luck!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • cchisholmcchisholm Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are these the only resources you used in your preparation?

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @cchisholm - Yes those are the only resources I used. And some years of experience of course :-)
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck on your CCSP journey, what I found the most helpful was cloud architecture and the hands on work that I was doing which helped me passed the exam back in the summer time. There's actually another summary guide out there on the discord server Certification Station which I've used and it was great help.
  • Kevbrock12Kevbrock12 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□