Options

MS-500 or AZ-500?

jplee3jplee3 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited July 2021 in Microsoft
Hi all,

Is there a particular order that one would want to take with the MS-500 and AZ-500? Is it better to get the MS-500 first then the AZ-500 or vice versa? Or is this apples to oranges? I guess another way to ask is: which cert is *most* useful or valuable to have between the two?

Comments

• Options
    Deáthmáge85Deáthmáge85 Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited September 2021
    What do you do more in your day-to-day?

Azure is very critical, but Azure also needs O365 for some functions. 

I personally operate an environment that I moved entirely into Azure and now operate out of Azure and O365. So dare I say, they both are important. I would lean more towards the O365 side with the MS-500 1st before doing AZ-500. It's personally why I'm wrapping up the MS-101 right now before doing the AZ path.

Plus the MS-100 was a free voucher from Microsoft's Ignite event this year, so finishing it up before doing MS-500 myself. I'm actually doing AZ-140 as soon as I'm done with 101.
    Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+, Storage+, CySA+, CASP+ (003 & 004), VCP-DCV 5, VCP-DCV/NV 6, MCSE x 2: Core Infrastructure & Productivity (2016), Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator, Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator, Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified: Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty, Microsoft Certified: Security Operations Analyst Associate, Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified: Azure Network Engineer Associate

Current Pursuit: Azure & O365 Renewals

:2023 Goals: 
     Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500), Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate (AZ-800 & AZ-801), Microsoft Certified: Azure Cybersecurity Architect (SC-100)

:2024 Goals:
    VCP7-DCV, CCSP, CISSP, CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP

:2025 Goals:
    Linux+, RHSA, PenTest+, C|EH, OSCP, Azure & O365 Renewals