Passed the CISM yesterday

DJVeritasDJVeritas Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited October 2021 in CISM

Did the remote proctoring, which was a nightmare to try and get working. PSI's support was not able to help me with two separate devices. Guess what their solution was?.......Use a different device. Frustrated beyond belief!

Once I was able to figure everything out myself, I was about 3 minutes late taking the exam at which point was able to begin after scanning the room, arms, ears, and glasses. It took me about 2:30 to go through all 150 questions, flagging 18 of them. I decided to accept my flag answers as is, and passed. Now the wait for official results........

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulation from those of us who have been putting off the CISM for years now!
    What study aides were the most help to you?
  • DJVeritasDJVeritas Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I only used the QAE to study, didn't finish the questions or take a pre-test. The CISSP mostly prepared me for this exam.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    edited October 2021
    DJVeritas said:
    I only used the QAE to study, didn't finish the questions or take a pre-test. The CISSP mostly prepared me for this exam.
    I used the same approach for both CISM and CISA. Having CISSP under my belt was a big help because there is a lot of content overlap with the study material. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    Do the CISM QAE database items explain why the correct answer option (key) is correct and why the incorrect answer options (distractors) are incorrect?
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JDMurray said:
    Do the CISM QAE database items explain why the correct answer option (key) is correct and why the incorrect answer options (distractors) are incorrect?
    Yes it does which is why I find it so valuable. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    Yes it does which is why I find it so valuable. 
    I really don't want to spend the extra $$$ on the QAE, but that feature does make it (in)valuable. The non-member pricing is currently $400. What is the current member pricing?

It's worth it, since these questions are all the retired ones from the actual CISM exam. $399 is the non-member pricing, $299 for members.