SEC 511 certification practice questions

0xhimself0xhimself Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
edited November 2021 in GIAC
I took SEC 511 and the material is really good but overwhelming a bit.
Does anyone have any practice questions for the exam I'll appreciate it :smile:

This is my first SANS course so im worried a bit

Also any tips regarding the capstone day?

Tagged:

Comments

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Did you not purchase the exam attempt with your course? Every SANS course I have taken provided two GIAC practice exams. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • 0xhimself0xhimself Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes indeed, but i just wanted to take a look at the questions before i consume any attempts
    I see. Then I would recommend trying to get someone within the SANS community to donate an exam if they have one available. Some people do not use both (or either) and transfer them to other requesters. I have seen people post requests on this board for spare practice GIAC exams. Another way is via a mailing group for the SANS community where everyone in the distribution list would see the request. Apologies, but I forget the actual distro name because it has been years since I have used it. Ask your SANS instructor or course aid if they are aware which I would expect them to be. 

Even if you do not get access to another exam, try not to worry. I have taken five GIAC exams and two practice tests were enough for me each time. Here was my SANS/GIAC approach:

- Built index as a I went through the course material
    - After all books/labs have been completed, I would take the first practice exam
    - Then I would go through the material again while updating my index
    - After that, take second practice exam
    - Finally, go through the material again with a strong focus on any weak areas and addressing any gaps in my index

Good luck! 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • 0xhimself0xhimself Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I see. Then I would recommend trying to get someone within the SANS community to donate an exam if they have one available. Some people do not use both (or either) and transfer them to other requesters. I have seen people post requests on this board for spare practice GIAC exams. Another way is via a mailing group for the SANS community where everyone in the distribution list would see the request. Apologies, but I forget the actual distro name because it has been years since I have used it. Ask your SANS instructor or course aid if they are aware which I would expect them to be. 

Even if you do not get access to another exam, try not to worry. I have taken five GIAC exams and two practice tests were enough for me each time. Here was my SANS/GIAC approach:

- Built index as a I went through the course material
    - After all books/labs have been completed, I would take the first practice exam
    - Then I would go through the material again while updating my index
    - After that, take second practice exam
    - Finally, go through the material again with a strong focus on any weak areas and addressing any gaps in my index

Good luck! 

Thanks for the tips!, did you do the exams online or on-site?
    I have taken every GIAC exam at a Pearson Vue testing center.