Options

Recommended solutions for cloud datastores discovery?

LamiMaxLamiMax Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
What would be your go-to solutions to gain full visibility of your entire cloud data assets (managed / self-hosted / computes)?

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    edited December 2021
    I'd use the tools that my CSP provides and make custom, information-display dashboards over that. I would also collect the events generated by my Cloud assets, correlate them in a SIEM, and use custom dashboards to display my Cloud asset's current and historical states for additional situational awareness.

Is this something that you are looking to do at LamiMax?

• Options
    LamiMaxLamiMax Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks @JDMurray,
    I'm looking to learn from the best practices in order to see if there's a way to solve this problem much better.
    Sounds like you're doing a lot of customization, why not use one of the tools in the market (BigID, Palo Alto Prisma, Imperva Sonar...)?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    edited December 2021
    Commercial CSP tools all require customization to achieve maximum reporting for the organization using the tool(s). There is also $$$$ for the tool vendors in providing "professional services" to help customers tailor their tools to the customer's technical and business environment.

I'm afraid there can't be too much more detail provided without knowing a great deal about the organization and its Cloud data assets.