Don't try to sell your SANS courseware here!

jam022316jam022316 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited February 2022 in Classifieds
admins please delete
Tagged:

Comments

• ejgamb90ejgamb90 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What material comes with it?
  • jam022316jam022316 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ejgamb90 said:
    What material comes with it?
    All the course handouts as well as the vm's.
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am not a lawyer or SANS rep.. but it is not permitted under TOS to resell SANS material. 
    I am not a lawyer or SANS rep.. but it is not permitted under TOS to resell SANS material. 
    Didn't know that.  Thank you!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    Do we have a link to the official SANS policy that states that SANS course materials should not be resold?
    JDMurray said:
    Do we have a link to the official SANS policy that states that SANS course materials should not be resold?
    Here's what I found.  Not sure it applies but 6b may be what Steve is referring to.  https://www.sans.org/private-training/enterprise-customer-terms/
    I just had a look in a very recent SANS courseware book, and on the second page is the Courseware License Agreement (CLA). In the 5th paragraph it states, "Additionally, User may not sell, rent, lease, trade, or otherwise transfer the Courseware in any way, shape, or form without the express written consent of SANS Institute."
    If you Google that statement, you will see SANS courseware hosted on several sites, and even the CLA mentioned here at TE.

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    At least someone is trying to sell something that could be of interest to people here. I recently saw a post from someone about sending Valentine's Day gifts to Thailand  :D
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    Yeah, the "Gifts to somewhere" spam is rather common and occasionally gets by the filters.
  • FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    If you Google that statement, you will see SANS courseware hosted on several sites, and even the CLA mentioned here at TE.
    LOL! That's one way for their copyright lawyers to find the stolen content. :smiley:
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JDMurray said:
    I just had a look in a very recent SANS courseware book, and on the second page is the Courseware License Agreement (CLA). In the 5th paragraph it states, "Additionally, User may not sell, rent, lease, trade, or otherwise transfer the Courseware in any way, shape, or form without the express written consent of SANS Institute."

I really don't see this holding up in court if SANS tried to sue, after all what would happen to libraries if all books had this restriction. They can however punish violators that are certification holders if they wanted to. 
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    ... after all what would happen to libraries if all books had this restriction.
    That's apples and oranges. Libraries do not create, or hold the copyright, of the books they lend. SANS, however, does both for its course materials.