Pay What You Can - SOC Training Course - March 28-31, 2022

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin

The Black Hills InfoSec SOC Training course is back! This 16-hour (4-days, 4-hour sessions) information security training course covers the core security skills all Security Operation Center (SOC) analysts need to have. These are the skills that all Black Hills Information Security (BHIS) SOC team members need to have. Watch the video, sign up, and pay what you can!

KEY TAKEAWAYS:

• Core networking skills
  • Live Windows Forensics
  • Live Linux Forensics
  • Memory Forensics
  • Active Directory Analysis
  • Network Threat Hunting
  • Basics of Vulnerability Management
  • The Incident Response Process
This course stars with the very basic fundamentals and works upward to more advanced concepts. Watch the video to learn more.

Tagged:

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I will be there, I registered to help a junior analyst we just got on our team. This course is always fun! 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Have you tried the BHIS Antisyphon Cyber Range? That might be worth the price of admission alone.
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This course is very good.. I attended it last year.  It is SANS quality as John Strands was the lead instructor for GCIH at dirt cheap price.  Even at full price (495$) it is a bargain. 
    edited March 2022
    BHIS is probably my new favorite live training partner. Great content, great delivery from the instructor.  Price can't be beaten. And I like the 4 days, 4h per day schedule.

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Is each day of the course only 4-hours of instruction or is there also extra time required to do labs and such each day? I signed up for the course and am trying to determine if I need to take a half-day or whole day off from work for each day of the course.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited March 2022
    I kind of remember a straight 4 hour run, with 10-15 minute breaks at the top of the hour. Coming back from break the instructor would do the lab with us and we follow along. Its 4 hour sessions so they try to cover as much within that session. Everyone is in discord and some people will have questions or get stuck from time to time. I am certain the instructor[s] do their best to answer questions or help students out during lab time. People stay in the discord chat doing the labs after the 4 hr session is over too while the instructors hang around for a while. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
    edited March 2022
    JDMurray said:
    Is each day of the course only 4-hours of instruction or is there also extra time required to do labs and such each day? I signed up for the course and am trying to determine if I need to take a half-day or whole day off from work for each day of the course.
    @chrisone said.  IMO, schedule only a half-day off for it and if needed you can schedule a bit of time at night to make it worthwhile. It's great content at SANS quality.. but it is not the SANS firehose :smile: