what happened to...

shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
Anyone know what happened to this site?

https://www.ethicalhacker.net/

Retired?  New Career? 
CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    edited March 2022
    EH disappeared for a few months back in 2017. Maybe it's changing owners again and down for an overhaul.

UPDATE: The Wayback Machine shows ethicalhacket.net up on Feb 14, 2022 and throwing a 503 error on Feb 17, 2022 and after that. I'd suggest checking on reddit in that time frame for news about EH.

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ethicalhacker.net was an eLearnSecurity site wasn't it?
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
    edited March 2022
    ethicalhacker.net was bought by eLearnSecurity which is Caendra which was bought by INE which...

I just realized that the creator of EH, Don Donzal, was still in charge of EH at eLearnSecurity and INE. His LinkedIn page indicates that he was associated with INE until Aug 2021. Maybe that was the beginning of the end for EH. I'll see if I can hit him up on LinkedIn and find out.

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's a growing trend on the internet, an online Complaint site giving your business a bad rep, just buy them, now all those bad reviews are great ones. Problem solved. 
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    And you have evidence that's what happened to EH?
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    None at all, but buys out of popular websites seem to be a growing trend. Why build up a following a website from scratch when you can just buy a popular site.   
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    I received an email from INE support saying that EH has been "archived" and INE will be introducing something similar this year, but plans have not been released yet. No indication if EH's legacy content will be part of the new INE project.
    Maybe INE is buying TE from InfosecInst. Hmmm...