Active directiory

rumierumie Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I NEED HELP......its seems like my window 2003 server active directiry has been corrupted, it doent recognise any of the users, it logs the user on localy but that about doent let it share any firle, how do i reinstall active directory??...HELP

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Search MS for "Authoritative Restore". You need to:

1. Remember the restore password you created when installing the DC.
    2. Have a backup of the System State for best results.

Maybe someone else has a better idea, that was just the first thing that came to mind.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    make sure they are trying to connect to the AD computer and not some other computer.......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • rumierumie Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i have tried everything .....only problem is that the computer doent find the server...any idea what would be the reason for that?.....i have tried re naming the client computer but doent allow me cos it doent find the server to connect to...all the connection is fine....server doent syncronize wth the client computer...HELPPP
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    It could be many things.

A) Is this a new computer or an old one?
    B) Any routers / NIC 's been changed or reconfigured?
    C) Have you checked cabling?
    D) Do you use DHCP? DNS?
    E) Share/NTFS Permissions?

to name a couple;

If you could give us some more info on your setup this would help.

[Edit - Added E]
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • rumierumie Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    this computer was part of the network, suddenly everyhting gone down, the server was working fine, until now the server doent recognise any users or computer, should i re install the active directory again? if so how would i do that on window 2003 server? cabling and routing all same as before nothing changed, we use DHCP, any ideas??
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rumie wrote:
    this computer was part of the network, suddenly everyhting gone down, the server was working fine, until now the server doent recognise any users or computer, should i re install the active directory again? if so how would i do that on window 2003 server? cabling and routing all same as before nothing changed, we use DHCP, any ideas??

In my first reply I thought you were talking about a DC. If it is simply a member server you can remove it to a workgroup, then rejoin the domain. You say you tried "everything", can you be more specific?

Also, is this the same problem you posted here:
    icon_arrow.gifhttp://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20582
    All things are possible, only believe.