Present the design and DFDs of such DDS in detail-Information System complex question-:

shivajikobardanshivajikobardan Member Posts: 20 ■■□□□□□□□□
This question hasn't been taught to us but has been asked in our exams. So I wonder if you can help. I don't even understand full form of things mentioned here.

The famous ban in town, Chuchche Bank, has DSS built onto the FMS, which automatically estimates the cash amount required for next day to get from central treasury for every branch of the bank, during the end of day processing. Present the design and DFDs of such DDS in detail. Clearly state the assumptions that you are going to make on the availability of data and other constraints, first.

Comments

• FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited March 2022
    This question hasn't been taught to us but has been asked in our exams
    Then complain about it to your school's staff. If curriculum is not fully taught, or exams test for uncovered objectives, then the class(es) are failing to deliver their required contents. 

I "love" how the question throws around those abbreviations. :neutral: I mean, sure, after the classes you're supposed to know what they mean... but still.

Based on what the question is asking, this is not an entry-level question. This is architecture-level stuff. And indeed, looking at the exams it came from, this is stuff that requires proper teaching -> https://acem.edu.np/uploads/userfiles/files/old_question/8th Semester/BCTBEXBEL/Information System.pdf
  • shivajikobardanshivajikobardan Member Posts: 20 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sadly this wasn't taught to us at all.
    Then complain about it to your school's staff.

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    What are the other students doing to learn the untaught course material?
  • shivajikobardanshivajikobardan Member Posts: 20 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    What are the other students doing to learn the untaught course material?

they just skip these types of questions and learn the most repeated questions for exams.
    I'm sorry to hear that Shiva.... it seems like your fellow students try to sail by on the minimum. 

So, as to the actual question: you will need to learn about Data Flow Diagrams (which entities in a process exchange which information?), Decision Support Systems (DSS) and Flexible Manufacturing Systems (FMS)... I only know about DFDs unfortunately, since they also come up in threat modeling.