New To Cyber Security, Need Heads on

lanreogunladelanreogunlade Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am very new to the field of Cyber Security. I have been a Supply Chain Professional. With the advent of 4IR, i am looking at how i could integrate Supply Chain Risks with Cyber Security. 
I will be glad i could be tailored on how best to start. I wont mind going fully into Cyber Security.

Comments

• UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Managing supply chain cyber risk is kind of a niche area where you need to be well versed in many topics in cyber security to conduct an effect cyber risk assessment on a supplier. You will essentially need to make sure the supplier are doing their due diligence and covering all their tracks.

The good news is you don't necessarily need in depth knowledge for every area, but you need to know enough.

I think certs like CompTIA CySA+, ISACA CISA/CRISC/CISM are good options, bearing in mind some ISACA certs will have experience pre-requisite.

As you're new to cyber security, I'm assuming you'll be part of a team so you should be learning from your colleagues and follow an established process rather than creating one from scratch.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE