CISM Exam Study Material

harry12harry12 Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

Anyone wo can recommend  CISM Exam Study Material? Where can I find one?

Comments

• UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    ISACA's official Q & A database questionnaire are a fantastic resource for any ISACA Exam.

They also have official material for every exam
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am currently studying for CISM using the official CISM book and the Q & A books too.  I would like to inform you that the current CISM will end in May 2022. A new version will be released then. So if you are starting your studies, I would not put a lot of money on the soon older version, unless you plan to be ready for May 2022
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    edited April 2022
    I would like to inform you that the current CISM will end in May 2022.
    Ah, that's why I was able to pick up a copy of the 2018 CISM Q&A book so cheaply. From isaca.org:
    • Last date to take the current exam: 31 May 2022
    • Current CISM exam prep materials will be available for purchase through 31 May 2022.
    • Buying the current exam prep materials will not grant you access to the newer version of the material later after the exam update.
    • The CISM Exam Content Outline will be updated effective 1 June 2022.
    • Exam registration and payment are required before you can schedule and take an exam.
    • Eligibility is established at the time of exam registration and is good for twelve (12) months (365 days).
    • You will forfeit your fees if you do not schedule and take the exam during your 12-month eligibility period.
    I wonder why anyone would purchase the materials right up to the date the exam is no longer available.
    That's why I am in a rush to study and write this exam ASAP. 
    Yeah, I'm gonna give it a try as well.
    OK, I just signed up to take the CISM 2018 exam on May 31th. If I manage to pass, I might attempt the CISSP-ISSMP a month thereafter.
    edited May 2022
    Just registered for May 30th. 9 AM.. .the countdown is started :)
    I'm plowing through the CISM Q&A manual (9th ed.), Essential CISM Exam Guide and Exam Prep by Phil Martin, and the CISM course on Pluralsight by Bobby E. Rogers.
    This material is so dry that I'm now convinced never to pivot my career path towards risk management or governance!

And my exam is at 9AM PDT, but the 30th is a holiday over here so exam day is the 31st for me.
    JDMurray said:
    I'm plowing through the CISM Q&A manual (9th ed.), Essential CISM Exam Guide and Exam Prep by Phil Martin, and the CISM course on Pluralsight by Bobby E. Rogers.
    This material is so dry that I'm now convinced never to pivot my career path towards risk management or governance!

And my exam is at 9AM PDT, but the 30th is a holiday over here so exam day is the 31st for me.
    The ISACA CISM book (not the Q&A) is one of the dryest book I ever read. I was lucky to have taken an online class this winter at University of Toronto that mostly followed the CISM material. The Q&A book is nice though. 

I will look at the book from Phil Martin. Thanks for the recommandation. 

I have the Phil Martin audio book and I'm transcribing the info as I listen to it. It's an interesting way to learn the material, although I can't see the charts and graphs that are in the printed book. Some audio books give you a PDF of the illustrations, but this one doesn't.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JDMurray said:
    The ISACA CISM book (not the Q&A) is one of the dryest book I ever read.
    My ISACA experience is with CISM, CISA, and most recently CRISC. I must say ISACA books are hands down the driest material I have ever consumed. I would not be able to complete their certifications with the online QAE database.

@JDMurray - I think you saw my thread about my career pivot into risk management and the buyer's remorse is real.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    I would not be able to complete their certifications with the online QAE database.
    I think that's the reason the ISACA Review QA&E manuals and databases exist!

@JDMurray - I think you saw my thread about my career pivot into risk management and the buyer's remorse is real.
    Oh yesss. I wouldn't mind rotating into a Risk Management role for a few months to learn more about it, but I would not want to stay there for years.

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JDMurray said:
    I would not be able to complete their certifications with the online QAE database.

Oh yesss. I wouldn't mind rotating into a Risk Management role for a few months to learn more about it, but I would not want to stay there for years.

This is my ninth month and that has been too long for me. I am done!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    JDMurray said:

This is my ninth month and that has been too long for me. I am done!
    I feel you... I think that you need to understand Risk Management.. but have a full time job in it, no way.