CCSK

aKsMenonaKsMenon Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Quite strange but the category literally does not list CCSK. So question is - not worth it or am I missing this somewhere in the list? Just needed some advice. 

My employer us paying for the certification. I have run through CISM, AZ-900 and SC-900 over the past couple of weeks and no its not that I'm very good with this. In fact, I cleared CISM on my 3rd attempt if I'm not wrong. That's mostly because I work in InfoSec and thought my job role should suffice but I got my backside handed down to me. However, I took the time out to read, learn and made up for my mistakes. Azure is a longer roadmap and I am on a personal learning curve. 

CCSK - is it worth it? I'm going to take it irrespective but still just asking. Secondly, just keeping the PDF's open and giving it a shot won't work is what I feel however any tips? I've read through the docs but I don't really have an excellent memory.

CCSK vs CCSP - is this even a comparison? What they say is a CCSK is a certificate while CCSP is certification. Opinions?

Thanks,

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    edited May 2022
    I think you are referencing this article that states the CCSK is a training course that gives a "certificate of completion" only. This is different from the paper (or digital) certificate that is given when awarded a certification.
    I think CCSK doesn't get respect is because it's an open book exam and the exam is based solely on the course and study materials the CSA sells. That being said, the (ISC)2 has said that it designed the CCSP to dovetail with the CCSK, and both certs are useful for people who are on the Cloud career track.
    If you are interested in the CCSK, have a look at the latest chatter on the CCSK Community discussion forums.
  • aKsMenonaKsMenon Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ahhh no, not that article. Just saw it - I just read it somewhere as I compared these two. This is ISC2 selling themselves high :) On what you mentioned - do you really think CCSK ain't as good? If you were a hiring manager that is. Whats your take?

aKsMenon said:
    do you really think CCSK ain't as good?
    Ain't as good as what? The CCSP cert? They are two different certs with two different goals and sets of objectives. The (ISC)2 has said the CCSP and CCSK complement each other. I don't have either cert so I don't have a personal opinion. However, if I needed more Cloud training/certification, I would research the value of both certs to my career path. I would be looking at the knowledge first and the value of the letters on my resume second.
  • aKsMenonaKsMenon Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    aKsMenon said:
    do you really think CCSK ain't as good?
    Ain't as good as what? The CCSP cert? They are two different certs with two different goals and sets of objectives. The (ISC)2 has said the CCSP and CCSK complement each other. I don't have either cert so I don't have a personal opinion. However, if I needed more Cloud training/certification, I would research the value of both certs to my career path. I would be looking at the knowledge first and the value of the letters on my resume second.
    CCSP, yes. As in, CCSK as an exam; I could have someone take it on my behalf, right? From an integrity point of view; I am unsure if its worth my time. So you'd ask me - why am I here talking about it? Well, I'm being asked to take it. I did argue my case to give me time and let me take a shot at CCSP instead but this is sufficient they say. I am not personally concerned as my organization is paying for the exam. Just wanted to get a general opinion. 
    So you are asking if learning something that is directly related to your career path is worth your time? I think getting the CCSK the proper way would demonstrate to your manager that you are worth the further budget expenditure for CCSP training and certification and beyond.