Options

CIPT or CIPM

AN175477AN175477 Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have tech background, just got ISACA CDPSE certification last week. So if my goal is FIP, the suggest certification order would be CIPT and then CIPP? Or actually no need CIPT just go for CIPM first because I already have the CDPSE from ISACA? Can I have some suggestions? thank you :)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The CIPT is more oriented towards technologist who want to gain and understanding how technology impacts privacy (and vice versa) which compliments your CDPSE. However with the CIPM it's about managing privacy program/management. The question would be, how would each of these certifications align to your personal goals? From my understanding from another privacy study group that there is little overlap between the two certifications. As for myself, I had got the two study materials for the CIPT couple weeks ago and hope to knock this exam out in the 2-3 months or so. Good luck.
  • Options
    AN175477AN175477 Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    DZA_ said:
    The CIPT is more oriented towards technologist who want to gain and understanding how technology impacts privacy (and vice versa) which compliments your CDPSE. However with the CIPM it's about managing privacy program/management. The question would be, how would each of these certifications align to your personal goals? From my understanding from another privacy study group that there is little overlap between the two certifications. As for myself, I had got the two study materials for the CIPT couple weeks ago and hope to knock this exam out in the 2-3 months or so. Good luck.
    Thanks for your comments, good luck on your exam!