Options

AWS Certified Database - Specialty

DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
Can I take this stand alone without getting the other certifications.   I am an ETL professional, both architect and analyst,  I am responsible for setting up our streaming pipelines and batch processing.  A lot of the concepts are the same, topics from messaging queues, distributed databases etc....   

Is it okay for me to jump straight into a Specialty exam?   It's really all I am interested in and it aligns with my role and responsibilities and our organization is moving into pushing everything into the AWS data centers.  

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    edited May 2022
    The Eligibility section of the AWS Before Testing page says, "All AWS Certifications may be earned without completing specific prerequisites." This is not explicitly stated on any of the AWS cert pages where I would expect to see a "Prerequisites: None" just to remove the uncertainty. Is it really possible to get an AWS Professional cert without the requirement of getting the sibling Associate cert first? Good on AWS if that's the case.

• Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JDMurray said:
    The Eligibility section of the AWS Before Testing page says, "All AWS Certifications may be earned without completing specific prerequisites." This is not explicitly stated on any of the AWS cert pages where I would expect to see a "Prerequisites: None" just to remove the uncertainty. Is it really possible to get an AWS Professional cert without the requirement of getting the sibling Associate cert first? Good on AWS if that's the case.

I signed up for Cloud Guru the 7 day free trial and added another month purchase to try it out.  After watching the intro I wasn't prepared for the professional certification.  Too many other technologies I didn't have experience in.  I decided to take the intro course on Cloud Guru.