Options

Provisionally passed CRISC - April 22nd

DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hey All,

It's almost been a year since I wrote and passed my previous exam (CCSP) since last June. I managed to pass the CRISC exam yesterday in obtaining a provisional pass. I'm interested to see what the actual score is. As for studying, I basically crammed in studying the QAE DB (online version) in about 5 days with watching Kelly Handerhan's course on Cybrary at 1.25/1.5x speed. I especially don't recommend cramming for this exam as it's feel it's one of the harder exams to study for out of the ISACA exam catalogue. The QAE DB was the most valued resources, there were some very similar questions, albeit worded differently on the exam. Some of the questions were very difficult as many of the responses were in hairline of each other of being right. Other details on my exam experience is that I passed within 3.5 hours. I thought I would complete the exam faster than that.  I did one full sweep of a re-review after I had gone through the 150 questions and changes about 10 of them. Good luck to all future CRISC test takers!

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    Congrats! Well done on passing!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    sfportarosfportaro Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DZA_ said:
    Hey All,

It's almost been a year since I wrote and passed my previous exam (CCSP) since last June. I managed to pass the CRISC exam yesterday in obtaining a provisional pass. I'm interested to see what the actual score is. As for studying, I basically crammed in studying the QAE DB (online version) in about 5 days with watching Kelly Handerhan's course on Cybrary at 1.25/1.5x speed. I especially don't recommend cramming for this exam as it's feel it's one of the harder exams to study for out of the ISACA exam catalogue. The QAE DB was the most valued resources, there were some very similar questions, albeit worded differently on the exam. Some of the questions were very difficult as many of the responses were in hairline of each other of being right. Other details on my exam experience is that I passed within 3.5 hours. I thought I would complete the exam faster than that.  I did one full sweep of a re-review after I had gone through the 150 questions and changes about 10 of them. Good luck to all future CRISC test takers!
    I agree, the QAE is vital. The main thing it does is to give you the mindset of ISACA. Which guides you in answering the questions. It is not always the right answer. It is their right answer.

Congrat!s