Passed AZ-305

Deáthmáge85Deáthmáge85 Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed the AZ-305 on Sunday. :)

https://www.credly.com/badges/0967a6d3-2204-434e-a8eb-951662274ee5/public_url

Onward into AVD and Enterprise Admin renewals, and then onward into SC-300 and AZ-700 for 2022.
Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+, Storage+, CySA+, CASP+ (003 & 004), VCP-DCV 5, VCP-DCV/NV 6, MCSE x 2: Core Infrastructure & Productivity (2016), Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator, Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator, Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified: Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty, Microsoft Certified: Security Operations Analyst Associate, Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified: Azure Network Engineer Associate

Current Pursuit: Azure & O365 Renewals

:2023 Goals: 
 Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500), Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate (AZ-800 & AZ-801), Microsoft Certified: Azure Cybersecurity Architect (SC-100)

:2024 Goals:
VCP7-DCV, CCSP, CISSP, CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP

:2025 Goals:
Linux+, RHSA, PenTest+, C|EH, OSCP, Azure & O365 Renewals

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited July 2022
    Congrats on the pass! Looks like your plate is full! Good luck on SC-300. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well done. Great achievement
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Could you share what resources you used to pass the exam? How long did you prepare?
  • Deáthmáge85Deáthmáge85 Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pluralsight and ITPro.tv; took me about 5 months of casual studying. 
    Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+, Storage+, CySA+, CASP+ (003 & 004), VCP-DCV 5, VCP-DCV/NV 6, MCSE x 2: Core Infrastructure & Productivity (2016), Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator, Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator, Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified: Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty, Microsoft Certified: Security Operations Analyst Associate, Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified: Azure Network Engineer Associate

Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500), Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate (AZ-800 & AZ-801), Microsoft Certified: Azure Cybersecurity Architect (SC-100)

Could you share which Pluralsight courses? I didn’t see a direct AZ305 course.
    edited July 2022
    AZ-305 is a combination of exams and their materials all rolling up into the 305. I've taken the MCSE, AZ-103/104, SC-200, MS-203, AZ-140, MS-100, MS-101, preparing for the SC-300, SC-400, AZ-700, MS-500, AZ-500. I only used the AZ-304 videos directly, but the 305 covered in-depth a majority of the content of previous studied and passed exams along with their concepts and ideas. 

So your correct, I didn't name it directly, indirectly steered you to the portals used to study Azure overall. 

Azure Solution Architect Expert exam is a journey, not simply a destination.

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well said! Even for the Cybersecurity Architect SC-100 its not about just studying and taking it. It's more about learning the entire environment and being familiar with the inner workings of the product(s). Ultimately this encompasses several technologies which encompass several levels & layers of skill sets which one can achieve through certifications and experience. This is truly a journey. 

Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
    edited July 2022
    I concur entirely. 

Could I make a beeline for SC-100; sure, but I love learning. To me, all of these certifications are not about passing them, but really learning them. To me, I love the journey, always have had for going on nearly 15 years now. Funny how this forum started me on the A+ all those years ago and now look how far I've come. 

I'm planning to renew my Enterprise Admin this weekend and then start SC-300, then do SC-400 or AZ-700; either one of those is my 2nd and 3rd respectfully. Then backpedal and do MS-500 before doing AZ-500. Then bang out AZ-800/801 prior to setting my sights on SC-100.

After all that is done do a SQL and Devops Associate track before leading onward into CCSP and CISSP. 

AZ-305 is a combination of exams and their materials all rolling up into the 305. I've taken the MCSE, AZ-103/104, SC-200, MS-203, AZ-140, MS-100, MS-101, preparing for the SC-300, SC-400, AZ-700, MS-500, AZ-500. I only used the AZ-304 videos directly, but the 305 covered in-depth a majority of the content of previous studied and passed exams along with their concepts and ideas. 

So your correct, I didn't name it directly, indirectly steered you to the portals used to study Azure overall. 

I was more asking if there was an actual AZ305 course on Pluralsight after the exam update?

I have the Microsoft course lined up. And was simply looking for complimentary material. I do agree with your last statement though.