Options

Cannot retrieve 24 years of certifications from Microsoft site

gettinoldgettinold Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited July 2022 in General Certification
Fortunately, I kept copies of my certifications on my hard drive that I back up to include paper copies.

Unfortunately when I go the below URL, it indicates that my username and password are incorrect:

https://mcp.microsoft.com/Home.html

Any effort to retrieve my password results in a level of "extra" that I have never encountered before. I am asked to enter previous passwords almost to the point where I suspect that I am being phished. 

At the end, and I can't quite remember the end but it is somewhere along the lines of Microsoft will email you or help if they can assist.

Wow....what do I do from here? Is there someplace that I can reach a human? I am scared that if I decide to take another test I won't even be able to see the new results unless I use another email address but who knows what sort of disfunction that may cause.

Thanks for any help!

Update: I did receive an automated response from Microsoft (I hope) which is not at all helpful...please see below. It implies that I need to keep submitting the same form over and over so that they can tell me no in my perspective. I have gone through all of the quirky steps requested and have gone no where. It so feels like phishing honestly...

Microsoft Account Team <maccount@microsoft.com>

Thu, Jun 30, 10:42 PM
to me

We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account redacted@gmail.com. Unfortunately, we were unable to verify your ownership of this account using the information you provided. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of your personal information very seriously, and we are committed to protecting the personal information of customers. We have taken the additional step of blocking your account redacted@gmail.com until we can verify you as the account owner. This will prevent any further use of the account, and protect you from any possible malicious activity.

Please submit a new account verification form

At this point, your best option is to submit a new form with as much accurate information as you can gather. The more information you can include in the form, the better the chance you’ll have of regaining access to your account. We’ve included a few tips below to help you fill out the form as completely as possible. 

> Submit a new form

Helpful tips for filling out another form:

• Answer as many questions as you can.
  • Use the information you provided when you created the account, or last updated it.
  • Submit the form from a computer you frequently use.
  • You will be asked to list recently used email addresses and the subject lines from recent emails. Ask for help from family members, friends, or business contacts to confirm their email addresses and tell you the subject lines of the last three emails you sent them.
  • Make sure to use the correct domain for your account, such as hotmail.comlive.com, or outlook.com. Keep in mind that your email address may be country specific. For example, if you created your account in Sweden, your domain would be “hotmail.co.se” rather than “hotmail.com”.

Ready?

> Submit a new form

Thank you,

Microsoft Support Team

Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052

USA

Old, burnt out with this field and want it easy just like I did 22 years ago when I started IT. Some things never change. They used to call me a paper MCSE but now they can't stop calling me. What can I say, IT has gotten me through the horrors of life. It has been almost as loyal as man's best friend.

Comments

• Options
    johncarl81johncarl81 Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is a need guide, I have done Microsoft MS office certification new years ago and can't find this might be helpful.
  • Options
    gettinoldgettinold Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't understand what you mean.
    Old, burnt out with this field and want it easy just like I did 22 years ago when I started IT. Some things never change. They used to call me a paper MCSE but now they can't stop calling me. What can I say, IT has gotten me through the horrors of life. It has been almost as loyal as man's best friend.