(ISC)2 Certified in Cybersecurity certification

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
The (ISC)2 has a new entry-level certification call the Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) certification.
From the announcement: "More than 1,500 individuals, who passed the exam during our pilot program, are now on their path to full certification and (ISC)² membership."

Did anyone take this pilot exam or even get invited to it?
Tagged:

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I didnt get an invitation.  I dont think there is much value if you have a SSCP or CISSP
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    It seems a cert to get more (junior) members for the (ISC)2. I can see it being marketed to college programs.

That being said, if any colleges are looking for an online instructor to teach this cert at night, please drop me a DM. :smiley:
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sure it is a nice attempt for them to bridge the talent gap.
  • thepawofrizzonthepawofrizzon Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
      I don't think they sent out an "invite" as much as just a general announcement about the beta for anyone interested.  I have SSCP, but went ahead and took the beta for CC.  I specifically took the beta without studying specifically for it, just to see how I'd do, and get some idea of how the testing would go.  Since I have several IT certs, I figured I'd do OK on it.  I passed....obviously I have no idea on the score....but I thought I answered most of the questions correctly.  

For someone new to cybersecurity, or just trying to get some basic familiarity, I thought the questions were appropriate.  I found the exam to be similar to something like Security+ level questions.  Overall, I think it will be a great starter for someone starting to dip their toes into a career.
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hey JD - I know that my older brother had taken the exam during the pilot, I'll advise back on how he found it and whether he had passed the exam. In terms of how he found about it, I believe he heard about it from a family member. 
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This online course was pretty easy, but am I missing something?  Does the actual certification still cost $199?  
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I spoke to my brother and he advises that he passed. In terms of his experience, he was not in the security field by any means but did complete a computer security certificate course over a year + in addition to home lab tinkering with security tools.