Options

Is your employer requiring Covid-19 Vaccine?

2»

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    volfkhat said:
    The scientific study option would be interesting. Though I wonder would that just be seen as a way to get out of work while remaining employed (yes please!!!). 
    Well.. I guess i was talking about having your blood drawn once every 4-6 weeks (in order to track antibody levels).
    As long as you choose to participate in the program... you can remain employed.
    i don't see that translating into  "get out of work".   
    (if anything... it's more of an extra inconvenience)
    :]

E Double U said:

If all measures can help then why not. I can understand the hesitation of others, but it simply was not a problem for me.
    Lots of birth control options are less than 100% effective, but I still used them when I wasn't ready to become a parent because like vaccines my understanding was that it reduced the chances lol. 
    That's probably a shaky counterpoint, right?

i mean...
    were you Mandated by the governemnt to use contraceptives?
    Or was it your choice?

Or, even more direct,
    What if the government Manadated that all unmarried women take 'the pill'?
    Would you still stand by your "it reduces the chances" justification?

It definitely doesn't translate to an option of getting out of work (just a joke that didn't land lol). I was referring to you recommending the study as an alternative to being terminated. Well, if it is believed that vaccination is the "best/most effective" (discretion advised) option then I like the idea of putting the foot down and simply saying comply or else. Being a Los Angeles native I was conditioned by the Golden State's at-will employment culture so I have an adopted the attitude of "if you don't like your job quit". There are rules in place that must be complied to or else. I can be terminated as they see fit and I can also quit as I see fit. Either get with the program or pack your things. People don't like it...tough!

Regarding contraceptives, I used them by choice just like the vaccine so no mandate needed for either to get me onboard lol. Honestly, I would not have a problem with mandated birth control considering that the pill is not the only option, but I don't expect to be in the majority there lol. As someone that has had a vasectomy after having the amount of children that I desired, I would firmly stand by my "reduces the chances" justification  B).

Vaccines and birth control for all will be my (failed) campaign slogan  o:)

Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I didn't see that cert on the CompTia site so that means you must have it too.... lol
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,053 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited January 2022
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Whelp....

Bill Gates finally said the quiet part aloud:

“... the virus itself, particularly, the variant called omicron, is a type of vaccine, that is, it creates both B-cell and T-cell immunity, and it’s done a better job getting out to the world population than we have with vaccines,”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/bill-gates-omicron-did-a-better-job-moving-faster-than-covid-19-vaccines

So Natural Immunity has finally been recognized as a REAL THING....
    :D:D

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    volfkhat said:

Bill Gates finally said the quiet part aloud:
    "Dr. Bill" is not a medical authority himself, and he only finances medical business and organizations, so I think what he says is little better than an investor's opinion.

• Options
    JDMurray said:
    "Dr. Bill" is not a medical authority himself, and he only finances medical business and organizations, so I think what he says is little better than an investor's opinion.

Come on now, mon frère.
    Whether you like it or not... the Gates Foundation is a leading Authority in Public Health.

"Dr. Bill" doesn't need to be an expert in medicine....
    when he can surround himself with teams of experts from around the planet.

But i think you & I both know that.

Now, regarding your "investor's opinion" remark....
    Gates essentialy said that Omicron has 'vaccinated' more people world-wide than the mRNA vaccines.

So what Financial Incentive would be gained from making such a statement (as an investor)?

Have a good weekend.
    <3<3
  • Options
    volfkhat said:

Gates essentialy said that Omicron has 'vaccinated' more people world-wide than the mRNA vaccines.

So what Financial Incentive would be gained from making such a statement (as an investor)?
    Dr. Bill (and Alex Soros) have invested multi-millions in medical testing businesses in addition to mRNA technology. The money-making opportunity for C19 mRNA vaccinations has past, and now making money is all about selling medical testing kits and collecting and reselling private medical information, such as in the coercing the entire population of India to place their private medical information into digital vaccine passports or be unable to travel, access government services, or buy food.
    You may think Dr. Bill is your friend, but he doesn't know or care anything about you.

• Options
    So the JOB has finally decreed that Everybody must come back to the Office 3-days a week;
    beginning Next Week.

But more amusingly,
    the Vaccine Mandate is Dead.

So All the Employees who stood by their Values... ended up Prevailing.

Funny how things sometimes work out...
     :):)  
  • Options
    Moon ChildMoon Child Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My girlfriend's employer drawn a line in the sand, get your Covid-19 Vaccine by Monday, Nov. 22nd, or your FIRED!  The companies position was due to mandates from the Federal government that any company that is a Medicare-certified health care facilities, providers, and suppliers to ensure their employees are vaccinated. We are both vaccinated, but it boggles our mind that some people are so resistant to getting vaccinated that they are willing to lose there jobs over it.  A registered nurse or other professional, you can't just go down the street and get a job at another company that doesn't have this requirement, because every organization that engages in  healthcare will have the same requirement. Is the conviction so strong that they will willing to give up there career and go work at McDonald's?! 

My employer has issued orders that if your a senior manager and above or a new hire you must get the Vaccine or look for another job. No directive yet for lower level employees, but I can see they will be requiring it sooner or later, given Biden order for employers of 100 or more employees must get the 
    Vaccine. Is your employer mandating you get the Covid-19 Vaccine?
    Our company required vaccination too. I got my shots it was no big deal, just because I have had many vaccination shots in the past for lots of things and I usually feel no side effects from the shots. I got COVID twice already as well and both times I caught COVID I had no symptoms and felt nothing.

...others I know got bad side effects from shots ... so I guess it just depends. I must just be lucky.
    ... the world seems full of good men--even if there are monsters in it. - Bram Stoker, Dracula
  • Options
    volfkhat said:
    So the JOB has finally decreed that Everybody must come back to the Office 3-days a week;
    beginning Next Week.

So All the Employees who stood by their Values... ended up Prevailing.
    Do you think those employees should remain with those employers that put their values to the test? 

How do you feel about being required to return to the office so frequently? Do you see the necessity?
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    E Double U said:

Do you think those employees should remain with those employers that put their values to the test? 

If the mRNA vaccines had actually been able to PREVENT infections, and STOP transmissions of the virus....  i may have felt differently.

However, the Science has Spoken:  the mRNA vaccines provide neither benefit.
    So in that regard... there is No Distinction between a vaccinated & unvaccinated employee.

Most employers #1 concern is making $$$.
    Most employees #1 concern is making $$$.
    So as long as these values align... i feel the mRNA debate is a moot point.

How do you feel about being required to return to the office so frequently? Do you see the necessity?

The Office that i have to go to has a State-of-the-Art gym facility.

So i am absolutely  Pumped about  getting off my @ss and getting in a little cardio (on a daily basis).
    :):)
  • Options
    volfkhat said:
    If the mRNA vaccines had actually been able to PREVENT infections, and STOP transmissions of the virus....  i may have felt differently.
    I am not aware of any vaccine ever created by mankind that can PREVENT infections and STOP the transmissions of ANY virus. mRNA technology certainly never presented this potential--although the Moderna marketing department may have implied it.
  • Options
    DeezyFFDeezyFF Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We are returning 2 days a week after labor day, but no mandate of vaccine. 
    WGU BS-IT Security: Complete
    ​:cheers:
  • Options
    volfkhat said:

This is the only reason that I looked forward to going into the office prior to the pandemic lol. Now that I am 100% remote I finally gave in and paid to join the gym walking distance from me.  o:)
  • Options
    JDMurray said:
    I am not aware of any vaccine ever created by mankind that can PREVENT infections and STOP the transmissions of ANY virus. 

Hmmmmm... well given that observation,

i wonder what Science-based argument  was made to Justify the mRNA Vaccine Mandate...
    but Not a Mandate for the Flu vaccine?
  • Options
    Who gets to determine what is "science-based?" Seems like science is a different thing for different special interest groups.
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    volfkhat said:

This is the only reason that I looked forward to going into the office prior to the pandemic lol. Now that I am 100% remote I finally gave in and paid to join the gym walking distance from me.  o:)
    I have a Concept2 rower, kettlebell and some dumbbells that is beside my office area. So later in the evening after work I just hop on the rower. Otherwise I'd probably look into going to the local climbing gym again.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yes it's required.  
  • Options

FlashBack  November 2021 

but it boggles our mind that some people are so resistant to getting vaccinated...

volfkhat said:

Whelp... have you tried engaging any of them to find out why?

I did;
    one of my colleagues stated it plainly:

He already contracted covid19 (unfortunately).
    But at least it didn't kill him (fortunately).
    And now, he has antibodies (quantitatively proven via his bloodwork).
    So WHY does he need a vaccine?
    --

Well obviously, i stated because the Vaccine gives 'extra' protection.
    He asked me if i could source him any peer-reviewed studies supporting this claim.
    Turns out.... i could Not.
    i could find plenty of talking-points saying as much... but not any actual science.

He then told me to read about israel's situation. Read about their population's 78% vaccination rate. Read about their population's waning antibody levels.

He then wondered aloud why No One has bothered to undertake a study tracking longterm antibody-levels of people like him (those with natural immunity).

Maybe the longterm antibody-levels of this population is comparable to those who already took the vaccine?
    (Wouldn't that actually be GOOD news?)

Or maybe their antibody-levels are even better?
    Or maybe they're worse off?
    Either way... isn't it worth finding out?

But we're Not have that conversation.
    It's just Shuddup and Take this Shot; whether you need it or not.

just say'in...

*ahem*
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/natural-immunity-protective-covid-vaccine-severe-illness-rcna71027
  • Options
    WHelp...

Now that the pandemic is "officially" over, and life has returned to normal...

Just for kicks, i decided to go back and read through this entire thread from top to bottom.
    i was kinda curious if/ what "facts" have changed.... and if anyone's views have also changed... as more reporting has come out.

Definitely plenty of views & opinions lol
    but i think a few perfectly captured the mindset of the masses at the time:

TechGromit said:
    ...We are both vaccinated, but it boggles our mind that some people are so resistant to getting vaccinated that they are willing to lose there jobs over it...   
    Is the conviction so strong that they will willing to give up there career and go work at McDonald's?! 

kaiju said:
    Too many people are falling for sensationalized reporting/creative reporting on both sides of the vaccination debacle so the "truth" is hidden in the murkiness of political nonsense.
    If you do not want to get the vaccine, don't get it but do everybody a favor and go to a anti-vaccine hospital/ER if you get Covid so you do not occupy the much needed beds in ICU when the next wave hits. Many deaths could have been saved by using simple common sense

~ Just for reference,
    here's some of the reporting from various studies (World Health Organization, NHS, Denmark, Australia) in case you were interested
    (very digestible and abe to follow):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpSz_Ipt5z8

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9S2jooTxkQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWVxVd6IGgg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hm7mXkNmAk

With that being said... one comment really jumped out at me:
    September 2022:
        Moon Child said:

... I got COVID twice already as well and both times I caught COVID I had no symptoms and felt nothing.
    others I know got bad side effects from shots ... so I guess it just depends. I must just be lucky.
    kind of sombering.

• Options
    No use complaining about using a product in beta test that you got for free from an organization that is indemnified by the US Federal government from civil and criminal lawsuits regarding misuse and undesirable effects of the product. In other words: Caveat Emptor.