No taxes deducted from paycheck

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
You ever looked at your paycheck and see you got an extra $1,000 or so in your paycheck? I have a habit of checking my paycheck statement every pay period, not sure why, it never changes for the most part. Well this time if got extra money. Cool! more money, but where did it come from? When I looked at my statement, they failed to take out any FIT, State, SS or Medicare deductions and added the amount into my direct deposit. While the extra $ is nice, I highly suspect the IRS will catch up with me when I file. I have a ticket in with the payroll department.
Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I would say that checking with your payroll department was the right thing to do. If any of my reports came to me with that story I would have recommended the same course of action to them.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
     I have a ticket in with the payroll department.
    Always the correct course of action. Though being someone that lives in the moment, I would still hold on to the joy of an extra thousand until this is corrected lol. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    edited September 2022
    Best not to consider it real, as it will be corrected by deducting $1K from your next paycheck. There is such a balance in accounting.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited September 2022
    They told me it was BENMIIEE earning results for X amount, which is why no tax deductions have been withheld. When I asked what the heck that was, they told me it's Medical Imputed Income. Puzzled why I even got it in the first place. the internet says quote

"What is imputed income? If you determine that domestic partners don't qualify as a dependent and they receive health benefits, the contribution you make toward any premium is counted as a type of employee income called imputed income."

I had my girlfriend as a domestic partner for the last two years under my health insurance, and we got married in February. really don't understand it, internet says Imputed income is taxable income. i should have paid taxes on my regular weekly paycheck AND on the imputed income, should have paid more not less. Anyway the the next paycheck was correct, I'll worry about it when I file at the end of the year. I'm sure I'll have to pay then.  
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.