trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
just received

I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited October 2022
    I'm so busy with exams and college that I had to push this beta for January  ...

• xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just signed up - I'll also be taking the exam in January. Thanks for the info, @trojin and @JDMurray.

A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Keen to hear your thoughts on this! I heard good things about CySA+ and have been recommending it to junior or aspiring SOC analysts at work
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

I will sign up for the beta as soon as I get a "duplicate accounts" issue resolved at comptia.org.
    OK, I'm scheduled on 1/2/23. Just in time to renew my present CySA+.  B)
  • owieczka_macowieczka_mac Member Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have just scheduled this one for the last possible day on January 2023. I will use this just to refresh most of my CompTIA certifications and have a quick recap of the knowledge.
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited December 2022
    After 50 minutes spent in check-in for exam at PearsonVue online proctored ....  I dropped. Enough is enough. Hope your experience with this beta will be better than mine

edited January 2023
    I just took the CS1-003 CySA+ beta exam. It was 100 items in 190 minutes and I completed it in about two hours. The practical/performance-based items were first in the exam and, although fairly easy, they are a good challenge for a candidate to demonstrate the basics of security triage and analysis using basic tools and data. The remaining part of the exam was fairly true to the published objectives. I was surprised at the number of items that featured shell code and command lines, as these skills aren't specifically called for in the objectives. (It's a beta exam, so likely it's to see what works and what doesn't.) As a SOC manager myself, I'd say it's a pretty decent SOC analysts exam. I would gladly give a 25-item version of this exam to candidates who apply for positions on my team.

• PhilipMillerPhilipMiller Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited February 2023
    Registration for beta exam is opened or closed now?

If you are looking for the best online writing services, go to https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/superiorpapers/ You may find numerous sites with reviews here, and these reviews will assist you to choose the best website for accomplishing your college tasks.
  • FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited February 2023
    I tried to take the CySA+ beta, but my exam crashed in the first ten minutes of the test. After that, I couldn't get back in. I did get a free coupon t retake the beta, but unfortunately I couldn't because the PearsonVue portal will only let you book a beta once. Darn, that's the first beta in years which I didn't finish. 

Hopefully I can use the voucher when CySA+ 003 comes out, just to see how the exam's evolved.
    Did Pearson refund your fee for the beta exam?
    They gave me a voucher, which is valid for a few months more. Looks like I can use it for any CompTIA exam.
    edited March 2023
    The new CySA+ (CS0-003) is scheduled to be released on June 6, 2023. Expect the beta exam results to be released then.

Also, 003 is about 20% changed from 002. This means you should still be good to study from older 002 materials.
    New/updated topics include: Threat Intelligence, Threat Hunting, MITRE ATT&CK & Navigator, SIEM/SOAR, EDR/XDR, Cloud, Zero Trust, and MSSP operations.
    edited March 2023
    At the time, my beta exam crashed so I couldn't finish it. Shame! Luckily I got a voucher so I can try the new CS0-003 once it comes out; I've already made a notification in my calendar. :)

I really want to take the new CySA+, to see how it compares to CFR 410 from CertNexus. I passed that exam in 2021 and I retook it this morning (to renew) and I really dislike CFR 410. It's a mishmash of outdated info, a huge swathe of "what is ..." definitions plus multiple questions about "which tool does ...". Compared to what I remember from CySA+ it's a mess. 
    edited March 2023
    CySA+ was updated to CS1-003 specifically to include all the new stuff that has happened in the past three years. It is now much heavier on Incident Response because SOC analysts are being asked to do more IR tasks now rather than just simple monitoring and triage. It sounds like CFR 410 needs a similar update.
    I just received an email from Credly saying that I was awarded the CySA+ ce badge on Jan 2, 2023. I'm guessing this means that I passed the CySA+ R3 beta exam I took on Jan 3, 2023.
    I wasn't expecting to see my results until the CySA+ CS0-003 exam is officially release on June 6, 2023. Now I'm wondering if someone jumped the gun at Credly with their emailing.

@JDMurray - I just got the same email today (passed on 1-4-23).

Thanks to @trojin and @JDMurray for the heads-up back in October!
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
    I just got the pearson.com email directing me to certmetrics.com (via comptia.org) to see my CySA+ score report. My score is "PASS" and not an actual number. Did anyone get a numbered score?

I only got a "PASS," too. No number, unfortunately.