Quick Question - CPE Cycle

srothmansrothman Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello community,

I managed to pass the CCSP (eventually after putting it off for aaaaages!), and as such I am not another ISC drone paying AMF and harvesting CPEs.

My 3-year cycle only starts from May. Would any learning I do between now and then still count, or does the clock officially only start from then? I have a few courses lined up, but would rather wait a week or two if it'll make more sense.

TIA

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    With such a specific situation you should check directly with the (ISC)2 for an official ruling.
    Until then, GPT4 sez:

To maintain your (ISC)² certification, you must earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. Here are the general rules and guidelines for earning CPE credits:

1. CPE credit categories:

• Group A: These are domain-specific activities that directly relate to the domains of your certification (e.g., CISSP, SSCP, CCSP, CAP, CSSLP, HCISPP). These activities help maintain or advance your knowledge in those specific domains.
      • Group B: These are general professional development activities that don't directly relate to your certification's domains but contribute to your overall professional competency.
    2. CPE credit requirements:

• For each certification, there are specific requirements regarding the number of CPE credits that must be earned during a three-year certification cycle. The requirements may vary for different certifications (e.g., CISSP requires 120 CPE credits, while SSCP requires 60).
      • A minimum percentage of the required CPEs must be from Group A activities (e.g., 90% for CISSP, 80% for SSCP).
      • Annual maintenance fees (AMFs) must be paid to maintain your certification.
    3. Types of CPE activities:

• You can earn CPE credits through various activities, such as attending educational courses or seminars, participating in webinars, completing online training or e-learning courses, attending conferences or industry events, authoring or co-authoring cybersecurity publications, volunteering in cybersecurity-related roles, etc.
    4. Documentation and reporting:

• Keep accurate records of your CPE activities, as (ISC)² may require you to submit evidence of completion or attendance.
      • Report your CPE activities through the (ISC)² CPE Portal (https://cpe.isc2.org). Make sure to submit them within the required timeframes (typically within 120 days of completing the activity).
      • If you hold multiple (ISC)² certifications, you can apply CPE credits to all applicable certifications as long as they meet the Group A or Group B requirements for each.
    5. CPE audits:

• (ISC)² may select your CPE submission for an audit. If you are selected, you will need to provide evidence of your CPE activities (e.g., certificates, transcripts, or other documentation).

Remember to stay informed about any updates or changes to CPE requirements by regularly checking the (ISC)² website or the CPE Handbook, as the rules and requirements may change over time.