NSE4 certification

orange81orange81 Registered Users Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
What are some of the best ways to prepare for the NSE4?

Also, what about practice materials and labs and etc?

Is there an online lab I could connect to to play around with?

Thank you!

Comments

• spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    There’s the CBT on Fortinet.

It was free during COVID (not sure right now).

They sell the “books” on their website as well as labs.

You could always download the cookbook and eval VM (which I think is good for 15 days for 7.2 and before)

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate-private-cloud/7.4.0/kvm-administration-guide/504166/fortigate-vm-evaluation-license
  • orange81orange81 Registered Users Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    undefinedundefinedspiderjericho said:
    There’s the CBT on Fortinet.

It was free during COVID (not sure right now).

They sell the “books” on their website as well as labs.

You could always download the cookbook and eval VM (which I think is good for 15 days for 7.2 and before)

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate-private-cloud/7.4.0/kvm-administration-guide/504166/fortigate-vm-evaluation-license
    Thank you, SpiderJericho! Have you taken it by any chance and were you able to pass the exams just with these resources?

• spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yes…but my NSE expired. Have 1-3 but not interested in re certing because of a focus on PMP.

I’d definitely lab. I have a fortinet education account but I got it through Fortivets when I was active duty. They offer NSE 1-7 I believe. You can download the FMAZ, FM and FVM if you create a fortinet account (just remember the note about 7.2 and prior. I don’t know much about the trial license).

The VMs are easy to run in CML, EVE-NG or GNS3. Or you can use VMWare player, workstation, etc with a Linux or windows VM.

Id say EVE with a Linux, win10 or 11 and a domain controller and a firewall or two (for HA or VPNs).

There are labs on Fortinet but again they might have a cost.

But if you’re just looking for a firewall cert, Stanlycc has a low cost PaloAlto class. Their features are similar.
  • orange81orange81 Registered Users Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes…but my NSE expired. Have 1-3 but not interested in re certing because of a focus on PMP.

I’d definitely lab. I have a fortinet education account but I got it through Fortivets when I was active duty. They offer NSE 1-7 I believe. You can download the FMAZ, FM and FVM if you create a fortinet account (just remember the note about 7.2 and prior. I don’t know much about the trial license).

The VMs are easy to run in CML, EVE-NG or GNS3. Or you can use VMWare player, workstation, etc with a Linux or windows VM.

Id say EVE with a Linux, win10 or 11 and a domain controller and a firewall or two (for HA or VPNs).

There are labs on Fortinet but again they might have a cost.

But if you’re just looking for a firewall cert, Stanlycc has a low cost PaloAlto class. Their features are similar.
    Great info. Thank you sir!