Options

CC exam

bebskaybebskay Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□

Hi,

I understand why ISC2 have deleted online exam for upper certification like CISSP. But, why CC can't be passed online proctored?

It's an entry-level certification, and according to your initiative "One million Certified in Cybersecurity" it can help to achieve this goal.

How can you ask people to drive 3 to 4 hours for an entrance exam, when Cisco for exemple provide online proctored exam? I will drive up to 12h for the CISSP, no problem, but not for CC...

I'm a former in cybersecurity and I told my students to sign up for CC study, but unfortunately, I can't ask them to pass the exam, as the nearest exam center is at ... Geneva! We live in the south of France...

This is disappointing, as it automatically rules out the possibility of certification for beginners.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    Yes, you are correct that the nearest Pearson VUE testing center for ISC2 exams is in Geneva (#3):

I assume confining the CC exam to testing centers is to control costs and to limit fraud.

I'd combine taking the exam with doing other activities in Geneva that day. If it were me, I would make a weekend holiday of it by taking a train to Geneva, writing two or more exams while I am there, and then playing tourist at the shops, museums, restaurants, etc. You live in that area, so that plan may not be appealing to you. 

• Options
    FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 241 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah, I'll agree with you that ISC2 has way too few testing centers. 

That's the actual issue. PearsonVue has more locations, they're just not suited/approved for ISC2.