Add another CISSP to the list

drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
I received notification that I passed my CISSP today. Although I know this is only the beginning, not the end of the journey - I can't help but feel as if my career will be more enriched because of passing the test.

Good luck to all those studying for the exam - you can do it!!
It's not the moments of pleasure, it's the hours of pursuit...

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. What's next on the hit-list?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Do you have any advice to share with others regarding preparation methods, good reading material, what you had for breakfast on test day, etc?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    You found time to study for the CISSP while attending graduate classes at Capella? You are a better man than I... icon_wink.gif
  • HHHTheGameHHHTheGame Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome to the group!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • lopezcolopezco Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    DAL
    "If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees." — Kahlil Gibran
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats and welcome!!! We look forward to seeing you on here more.

Keatron.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
    Thanks all.

Here was my method of study:

Materials:
    - I studied for 8 weeks
    - I read ExamCram CISSP once...this gave me an overview of the subject material.
    - I used the cccure.org web site and read several of the documents on the site pertaining to the CISSP
    - There was one set of notes, which were very detailed (over 80 pages) in length which became my primary study aid. I would get on my stationary bike for 1 hour a day and read the notes. I did this for an entire 6 weeks.
    - I purchased an audio CD collection for the CISSP and listened it in my car during my commute to and from work (this totalled another hour).
    - During my lunch hour, I would do one cccure.org test of 25 questions, pro level, all domains. I would review the questions I got wrong. I did this for about 5 weeks.
    - Taking weekends off (for the most part), I think I studied a total of 100 - 110 hours.

Experience:
    - 7 years in various IS-related activities (networking mostly). 3 years direct IS experience.

I am nearly finished with my Masters program in IS from Capella University - I know that my course work definitely played a hand in my understanding of many of the domains...but I cannot attribute the amount, since I've been at it for 3 years.

That was it.

Next on the hit list is the CISA - I am scheduled for the June 9th exam. After that the Security+...in December, I graduate with my Masters. In 2008...I think I'll take a break from studying for a few months! :P

Again, thanks for the support and inspiration that these forums give. I don't know who the "owner" of this site is, but it sure has been helpful to me! I also want to thank all of you who have made me think and have given me the motivation to achieve more in my career.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I don't know who the "owner" of this site is, but it sure has been helpful to me!
    At your service :D Wouldn't come close to what it is without the support of the moderators and members like yourself icon_thumright.gif
  • anuragsomanuragsom Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats for clearing the Exam..drakhan
    we are in the row...:)

Lol...

Thanx a lot...Mr. Creator... coz of you so many people are getting benefitted. Hats off to you Sir.

REgds-Anurag
  • drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
    Some of you have asked for the study guide I used during my preparation. Here is a direct link:

http://www.cccure.org/Documents/Justin_Gibson/Notes_Prep_Guide.doc
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Thanks all.

Here was my method of study:

Materials:
    - I studied for 8 weeks
    - I read ExamCram CISSP once...this gave me an overview of the subject material.
    - I used the cccure.org web site and read several of the documents on the site pertaining to the CISSP
    - There was one set of notes, which were very detailed (over 80 pages) in length which became my primary study aid. I would get on my stationary bike for 1 hour a day and read the notes. I did this for an entire 6 weeks.
    - I purchased an audio CD collection for the CISSP and listened it in my car during my commute to and from work (this totalled another hour).
    - During my lunch hour, I would do one cccure.org test of 25 questions, pro level, all domains. I would review the questions I got wrong. I did this for about 5 weeks.
    - Taking weekends off (for the most part), I think I studied a total of 100 - 110 hours.

Experience:
    - 7 years in various IS-related activities (networking mostly). 3 years direct IS experience.

I am nearly finished with my Masters program in IS from Capella University - I know that my course work definitely played a hand in my understanding of many of the domains...but I cannot attribute the amount, since I've been at it for 3 years.

That was it.

Next on the hit list is the CISA - I am scheduled for the June 9th exam. After that the Security+...in December, I graduate with my Masters. In 2008...I think I'll take a break from studying for a few months! :P

Again, thanks for the support and inspiration that these forums give. I don't know who the "owner" of this site is, but it sure has been helpful to me! I also want to thank all of you who have made me think and have given me the motivation to achieve more in my career.

Nice, I just saved that document. I got a little side track on my studying..lol