Passed Today!!!

johnw02johnw02 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
OMG I cant believe that I passed! I didn't prepare as well as I should have and I hoped to get a better score, but I passed with a 781. A pass is a pass though right? =)

Now I've got my Network+ and Security+... I'm thinking about going for my MCSA since I can use my Security+ as an elective. Any suggestions? (the comptia certs are so damn expensive! lol)

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and welcome to the Security+ club. As for suggestions. . . if you want to give yourself a little bit of a brain-break right now, go for the 70-270, since it's a little less intense than some of the others, even Security+. In reality, though, I'd say do 70-290 and 70-291 first, then do the "easy" 70-270 afterwards. That way, you'll get the more difficult exams out of the way, (especially 70-291,) and you can have a less-pressured exam left in order to get your MCSA. It worked pretty well for me, but a lot of other people like to do the XP exam first. Good luck on the path to MCSA, and maybe even MCSE, you'll have to let us know how things are going when you're on your way.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • ComputerLover1ComputerLover1 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrads and keep up the good work .

icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

Can you please share if you will what material you used
    Without struggles there can not be progress
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass is a pass!

I should have been so fortunate!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • IonCannonIonCannon Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats of the pass! :D
  • securinatesecurinate Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was thinking about taking my Security+ exam immediately following the GSEC. Trying to figure out if my efforts are going to be redundant. Anyways congrats again and good luck with future certs!!
  • tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    Congrats on the pass! :D
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • vijaycujovijaycujo Banned Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!..........i have my retake soon.....hope i pass icon_confused.gif
  • drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
    johnw02 wrote:
    (the comptia certs are so damn expensive! lol)

First of all, congrats!

Second of all...Comptia is great value! I just paid $499 for my CISSP and $505 for my CISA tests...to me THAT'S expensive! :P
    It's not the moments of pleasure, it's the hours of pursuit...
  • mdshmdsh Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, guys
    First of all gongrats on the pass on the S+ exam. Its not an easy cookie to crack, I know from experience seeing as I only passed my S+ about 2 weeks ago, but on my second attempt. As you rightfully say a pass is a pass and now you can put the horrid STACK of S+ study meterials away and move on.

On the study meterial side (computerLover1) I used a book by Syngress, exam cram 2, and used all the tech notes on this site to get things going. The exam cram book was really helpful in some area eg. physical security. They mentioned stuff in this book I didnt seem to find in the others and by luck I got questions on that topic