New to MCSE/MCSA please, help

gdzgdz Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, guys,

I'm new to MS certifications and want to start on MCSE as I have read in your postings there are certain strategies how to accomplish more than one certification. Could you, please, advise what is the easiest correct way for a beginer to start working on MS certifications. What are most powerful complects?
I was thinking on
MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, Solaris Admin.

Thanks for your answers!
gdz

n0 br41n n0 g41n

Comments

• nuglobenuglobe Member Posts: 190
    You can't really bring those in to one interwoven study plan. You could:

70-270 -> 70-290 -> 70-291 -> Elective to get MCSA then finish up the rest of the tests for MCSE.

The CCNA is completely different topics which don't relate much. As for the Solaris... who the hell uses Solaris. Just joking, but I don't know enough about it to comment on it.
    GenshiroGuide: My blog about things I found useful. Now with videos. :)
  • tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    i agree with nuglobe go for your MCSA first then MCSE, then decide where to go from there you might want to get a specialization in security or messaging or you might want to go the more networking side with CCNA/CCNP etc
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • gdzgdz Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your answers guys, I'm working with unix/linux, however at work I need some windows 2003 skills and want to get some certifications to improve my skills and update resume.. :)
    OK I'll start with MCSA.. What do you think about microsoftelearning.com ? Or what would you recomend for studying?
    gdz

n0 br41n n0 g41n
  • tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    I'd recommend the official MS study books and the sybex books for studying, also the study notes on this site and as much hands on experiance as you can get.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tibul's recommendations are good. Setting up a lab environment is essential. ?I would recommend Vmware, Virtual Server, or Virtual PC. You can also get an Evaluation copy of Windows Server 2003 and even XP. You can practically virtualize everything for free. Also, I would add CBT Nuggets into the mix. CBT Nuggets is a very highly respected video training material that many of us use. You will want to finish your studies by practicing. Transcenders is a very well made practice exam product. Let me warn you ahead of time. Make sure you are fully prepared before doing practice exams. If you are not, you are essentially just memorizing questions and answers instead of truly testing your skill. You will have a good idea of the answers to the questions your second time practicing. Good luck!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • gdzgdz Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your answers guys :) I thought that www.microsoftelearning.com will be enough.. :) LOL OK I got the idea and will start by buying a proper books, installing virtual servers, I also have server at work I can use for practice. :) Your information is very helpful, thanks again for your answers!
    gdz

n0 br41n n0 g41n