Options

Next Friday: 70-285

mlavenmlaven Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi!

Next Friday i take the 70-285 exam for getting the MCSE: Messaging certification.

Does somebody have some tips for me?

Thank you!

Marcel

PS: I'm new here... and I love it!

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck and let us know how you do.

As I have not done the 285 yet all I can advise you to do is do the same thing you would do for any of the other exams. Make sure you have a thorough understanding of all the objectives presented at the Microsoft 70-285 site. If you do, you will do a good job on the exam.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Good luck!!! A review would be appreciated :D

I got mine booked in for Feb 20th icon_study.gif
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    %$#$%! I had to rescheduled my exam to next Friday (9th), due to illness.... icon_cry.gif

Now I have a week more to practice...
  • Options
    ****.... I failed on this one... with a score of 630.

Now I have to schedule a new exam to try it again....
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mlaven wrote:
    ****.... I failed on this one... with a score of 630.

Now I have to schedule a new exam to try it again....

Sorry to hear. Have you set any goals on things to accomplish before attempting the exam yet? I would spend several minutes reviewing over the 70-284 objectives here and seeing what you think you are weak on and study/review those areas. Try jotting down important details. This can really help absorb/retain the details.

What material have you been using to study? What are your study techniques? Have you used a lab? What book? Any video training such as learnkey (never used this before but I've heard it mentioned several times), CBT Nuggets (excellent video training), Testout, etc... Have you used any practice exam material such as Transcenders?

I've posted my study techniques in several other threads, but I will post what I do here to help you out on things you may need to improve.

The method I use to study:
    1. Get my feet wet with CBT Nuggets even if I don't know the topic.
    2. Begin reading my main book
    3. While reading, I will use sticky notes and use them as a bookmark when I want to review information that spans >1 page. If the information is a paragraph or so, I will summarize it into my own words and write it into a notebook.
    4. Every so often, even while I'm reading, I will go back to my notebook and read what is in there.
    5. I will always do the chapter questions. If I get something wrong, I make sure I understand why, and if needed, I will go back and review that information. I also try to understand why the wrong answers were incorrect.
    6. I then finish the book and then use either an e-book or use a hardcover to review information.
    7. I then review any CBT Nuggets when I want some extra clarification.
    8. I then use a practice exam package such as Transcenders which tests me on my readiness. I'll warn you though, do not use this unless you feel you are completely ready. After the 1st usage, you have many of the questions/answers in your head which won't properly test your readiness your second time around.

Well, good luck on the next try. I'm sure you will pass. Let us know if you have any questions. There are many helpful people who visit these forums.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks