anyone met a girl from IT job?

SUBnet ZEROSUBnet ZERO Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
just curious if it's possible to meet the woman of your dreams in the IT field. i know it's predominantly men.

Also, are more women getting in to the field?

thanks, i was just curious if i would be going out with a co-worker who's female one day.

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm assuming that there is an IT woman out there who is actually married. That would make the answer yes. I know what you mean though, you want to find the right woman who has the same interests in you. If only it were that easy to find the exact thing we wanted and then be able to have it.

Also, I like your forum name.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    I don't know if I'd want a girl who was into IT, that'd be a scary thing, lol. I like the fact that my fiancee is mystified by what I do, even if it is a bit selfish, haha.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    You might want to consider avoiding workplace romances. All of the relationships that you will have before you are married will end. Some will end nicely, but some will end badly. If you start dating a co-workers and you break up under bad terms, you might not like going to work anymore because you may run into "her."

I have never had a workplace romance, but I've seen dating co-workers yelling at each other across the room from their cubicals. I also have a friend who moved to another state to take a job that he really wanted. He immediately hit it off with a co-worker and they started dating. As luck would have it, she also lived in the apartment directly above his. Well, after three months of dating 24 hours a day, they couldn't stand each other anymore. Several fights and a bunch of hurt feeling later, he quit his dream job and found a new place to live in another city.

The moral to this story is, "never get your bread and your meat in the same place."
  • elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    jdmurray wrote:

The moral to this story is, "never get your bread and your meat in the same place."

LOL......................

great advice
    stonecold26.jpg
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I don't know, I used to think the way JD does, but then I did end up marrying someone I worked with. By the time we married, we both worked for different companies but we worked for the same company while we dated.

So it is possible to do and do without problems (outside of typical relationship problems).

I think the thing to keep in mind is that regardless of how much you have in common with someone.....you still need your own interests. So if you 1 of your common interests is 'work' then have another hobby that your spouse doesn't participate in, but supports you.

And as a woman....yes it is possible to be a woman in IT and be married ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Me and my girlfriend of about 1 1/3 years met at work. After we started talking and she said "You have Cisco router!? cool!" I knew it was a match made in heaven. lol
  • mlavenmlaven Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jdmurray wrote:

:D That's one to remember!
  • davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jdmurray wrote:

I always heard it as "Don't S%#! where you eat". But I guess it's the same idea. lol

I've met a couple girls in IT while working in the field but neither where something I'd go running after. Great personality though :)
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got another one.

Don't fish off from the company pier!
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Cool diversion i must say. icon_cool.gif

When it comes 2 work "stuff" from my own experience i can only say that "Keep your D in ur P."

But a man's gotta be a "MAN"...LOL icon_wink.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    I have run into one chick whom was very easy on the eyes, knew how to configure a layer 3 switch and build a server. She worked for a telecom vendor I contracted out. Lord how I wish I could have gotten to know her better! icon_wink.gif
    Oy vey gentlemen (using that term losely) I guess on the ladies side, looking for an attractive guy in IT isn't all that much easier. There are plenty of guys (if going by looks alone) there are too many who are too scrawny or too fat. Though the guys have it a bit easier as many of us ladies will settle for a smart guy who is 'ok' looking and we generally don't expect you to have a smoking hot body :P
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Me and my girlfriend of about 1 1/3 years met at work. After we started talking and she said "You have Cisco router!? cool!" I knew it was a match made in heaven. lol

this may be the first time this sentence has been uttered in the natural world.

my wife thinks i'm a nerd ..... but she's definately not complaining about my paycheck.
    rm -rf /
  • taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    hey..don be stupid getting your girl in the same job...HELL NO..bad idea..

coz when it comes into issue, u will be definitely regret.

you are also dead end. it means that she will be YOURS forever. i mean..even tho u love her...but ...hey ...man..u no...all men like seeing girls ...all men like talking about girls with friends and/or coworkers....no doubt ...if ur girl is around 24/7...you be dead..no life....you are a incapbable-of-seeing-pretty-girls-around-you certified.

hehehehhee

just my 2 cents.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Oy vey gentlemen (using that term losely) I guess on the ladies side, looking for an attractive guy in IT isn't all that much easier. There are plenty of guys (if going by looks alone) there are too many who are too scrawny or too fat. Though the guys have it a bit easier as many of us ladies will settle for a smart guy who is 'ok' looking and we generally don't expect you to have a smoking hot body :P

Touche! icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Plantwiz wrote:
    ...as many of us ladies will settle for a smart guy who is 'ok' looking and we generally don't expect you to have a smoking hot body :P
    Ah, probably the single best reason why I'm married with children. :D
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Never bring sand to a beach.

I have never meet a good looking female who was in the IT field. I have meet a lot of great looking women from being in IT which put me on their location.

Plantwiz- I didn't know you are a female.
  • thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
    I wish my gf was in IT. That way I could talk to her about it and not get the blank stare all the time.
  • SUBnet ZEROSUBnet ZERO Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icroyal wrote:
    I'm assuming that there is an IT woman out there who is actually married. That would make the answer yes. I know what you mean though, you want to find the right woman who has the same interests in you. If only it were that easy to find the exact thing we wanted and then be able to have it.

Also, I like your forum name.

lol, how true. just thought maybe i'll meet a girl somewhere along the line in the job heh.

always liked subzero from mk lol, but you have a cool avatar
  • SUBnet ZEROSUBnet ZERO Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jdmurray wrote:

lol i'll remember that quote for rest of my life now
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    theseman wrote:
    I wish my gf was in IT. That way I could talk to her about it and not get the blank stare all the time.

I like that stare. That is the stare of me not having to explain myself. I need that stare more often. I would love to see that stare after I disappeared for three days to Vegas with the guys on a bender.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    garv221 wrote:
    Plantwiz- I didn't know you are a female.
    Me neither icon_eek.gif

Just kidding. icon_lol.gif

I used to flirt frequently with females in the companies I worked at (though few of them were in the IT departement), just for fun, until one of them sent me a postcard, thanking me for driving her home. Sure I liked the postcard, but, I can't say my gf was very happy with it. icon_redface.gif
    garv221 wrote:
    I would love to see that stare after I disappeared for three days to Vegas with the guys on a bender.
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    At my first IT job there was a woman that did Desktop support. She was cute but was already married and was going to have a baby at the time. That is the story of my life, a day late and a dollar short. icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Julie JonesJulie Jones Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here's another feminine perspective on the issue:

For every unmarried, cute woman working in IT there are at least 20 men.
    10 of them like to chat with her, often
    5 of those also like to stare
    1 is actually kind of annoying about the whole thing
    .... and *maybe* one will get her attention, briefly. If she's bored. Maybe.
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    You've just given all of us single IT guys a glimmer of hope, thanks! :D
  • Julie JonesJulie Jones Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My pleasure icon_lol.gif

But I met my husband through friends. He is pretty geeky, and ironically works in a field with about 20 women for every man. We have some interesting discussions about gender in the workplace.
    jdmurray wrote:
    Plantwiz wrote:
    ...as many of us ladies will settle for a smart guy who is 'ok' looking and we generally don't expect you to have a smoking hot body :P
    Ah, probably the single best reason why I'm married with children. :D

Here Here!

HAHAHAHA!

Oh Julie, please don't encourage them ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____