A+ Study guide?

coaxcoax Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I just passed 70-210 a week ago and decided to get A+ out of the way.
I bought the Faster Smarter A+ Certification book from Microsoft press,has anbody used this guide? How does A+ compare to 70-210?

Comments

• flogflog Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't buy this book...it doesn't have all the information to pass the test A+2003 objectives!
    I have heard that Mike Meyers books is best or Tcat....
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    I used the Mike Myers 4th edition, but this one looks like it covers the new objectives:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=2WUSDAZPS8&isbn=0072229918&itm=1

The A+ in my opinion was easier than the 210, but you have to get use to the differences in the way CompTIA and MS ask their questions. Each are looking for "their" right answer which im sure you've seen if you have already taken 210.
  • coaxcoax Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Lexx,

I'll supplement the book with study guides from this site, and the A+ practice test I got a 70% on the first try.
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'll put this book on my christmas list
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    update: I have the mike meyers book but I'm now, I'm overwhelmed with information. I read the 1st 4 chapters and when I was like icon_eek.gif by the time I was finished. I'd like to knock both exams out at the same time if I could. I'm just venting I guess. Help meeeeee...my heads about to explode. The ad thing is, I used to know all this stuff 5 years ago. It's just a while since I had to actually deal with it.
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    coax wrote:
    Hello,

I just passed 70-210 a week ago and decided to get A+ out of the way.
    I bought the Faster Smarter A+ Certification book from Microsoft press,has anbody used this guide? How does A+ compare to 70-210?

I got the same book it seems ok to me... but then again I haven't took the exam yet icon_wink.gif
  • jchahnjchahn Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Question:
    I got the Sybex A+ Complete 2nd edition. It says in the copyright that it's current for the exams as of Auguest 2003. I know the test changed in November, but if this book came out in 2003 it should be farely up-to-date of far as computer technology goes I would think. If I read through this book, and know my stuff really well going into the test, should there be anything that will really trip me up that bad?
  • StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
    I used the Mike Myers AIO 3rd edition that covered the 2001 objectives. I wrote the 2003 objectives, though, and I passed the exam fine ...
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    tahjzhuan wrote:
    update: I have the mike meyers book but I'm now, I'm overwhelmed with information. I read the 1st 4 chapters and when I was like icon_eek.gif by the time I was finished. ................................................................................I used to know all this stuff 5 years ago. It's just a while since I had to actually deal with it.

Take it a section at a time - why rush?
    If you worked with the items five years earlier, it it likely still with you, but you may need a little reveiw...so give yourself that time.

Meyers book is very good and particularly for someone with experience. Just give yourself time to get current. Get some old hardware (even stuff that is a year old isn't a bad way too go) and practice.

Post any questions here and we'll all do our best to help you out ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?