Funny: Hax cat

KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I came home yesterday after a boring day at work and found my windows XP operating system acting buggy and psychotic(more than usual). Whenever I pressed my right mouse button, it would prompt me if I would like to delete everything on my desktop(O_O) and if I tried to open or click on anything it would generate some freaky explorer errors. I had to hard boot it.

At first I suspected an intruder, but then noticed after looking over my desk that there was cat hair everywhere.

My cat slept on my keyboard while I was gone.

I didn't raise no hax0r kitty. >=( No tuna for her. I properly locked it down before leaving this morning, and my screensaver is set for password protection when I'm away. Hopefully that won't happen again.

KG
Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680

Comments

• kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    That reminds me of one of my favorite support calls I've gotten here at work recently. One of our administrative assistants comes over and says her computer is doing strange things, like she can't get any desktop icons to open up and she can't click on the Start button. I start running all the possibilities through my head as I walk over to her desk, only to find the following: sitting on top of the left side of her keyboard, squarely on top of the Esc key, is a ream of paper documents that she was working on. I move the pile of papers and like magic, her computer problems are solved!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    KGhaleon wrote:
    At first I suspected an intruder, but then noticed after looking over my desk that there was cat hair everywhere.

My cat slept on my keyboard while I was gone.

I didn't raise no hax0r kitty. >=( No tuna for her. I properly locked it down before leaving this morning, and my screensaver is set for password protection when I'm away. Hopefully that won't happen again.

KG

You forgot the obligatory emoticon for situations like this....
    icon_mike.gificon_mike.gificon_mike.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_mike.gif

I wasn't aware...and who or what is mike? icon_mike.gif

KG
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    KGhaleon wrote:
    icon_mike.gif

I wasn't aware...and who or what is mike? icon_mike.gif

KG

MikeJ412 the Cisco guru moderator. He's famous, I can't believe you don't know him! icon_eek.gif

Click the "View more emoticons" link.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sprkymrk wrote:
    He's famous
    For herding cats, right? I was doing that before that EDS Superbowl commercial of 2000.

<spare YouTube link if you don't like the mov link>

Sure, you can use screen savers.... and keyboard drawers. I've even leave a laptop half open to keep the cats from laying on it. Now if I could just come up with a better solution then turning up the heat in the house to prevent the cats from laying next to the laptops and blocking the heat exhaust ports....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    That Cat Herding commercial is one the best, all-time superbowl ads...most of them suck nowadays....I'm sure Anheuser-Busch will drop a few million on the show this year, as usual.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oh, that mike. icon_lol.gif
    mikej412 wrote:
    For herding cats, right? I was doing that before that EDS Superbowl commercial of 2000.
    That's you?

Actually I use to leave my laptop half-closed and running so my cat wouldn't sit on it...but then she closed it by jumping on it, causing it to go into hibernation mode. boo

KG