KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTO6rqryQQ&mode=related&search=

I came across this earlier today and it made me icon_lol.gif

KG
Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    That's rude. (not your post, the video)

If you hate your job so much, quit with some dignanty. Perhaps this fellow is in an area where jobs are plentiful, but around here all I here/read and see is people losing jobs by the hundreds to downsizing and relocation. Those who aren't losing jobs are complaining that illegals are 'taking' their job. I'll make the assumption this guy is American, so why is it he thinks he is so much better then his fellow co-workers who he basically just insulted?

It's just embarrassing to see so many 'adults' with so little respect for a job. A job is a priviledge not a right.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with Plantwiz 100%.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    This is the reason why I do not surf youtube...
    A) you rarely see anything actually funny
    B) the things that are "funny" are not actually funny
    C) the things that are actually funny is only funny because it can/should only happen on youtube
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    icon_lol.gif What fun are you people? yeah he had man boobs but....I love it when people do that, more power to him. Screw that job and the hair net
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sure the guy was probably a jerk, a rabble rowser, and thought he was better than everyone else.... but it was still funny in a stupid way. And his line at the end said it all... "That bridge has officially been burned".

I think he may have a hard time finding another job if any potential future employers see this video, so he may have burned a couple of other bridges before crossing them. icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
    garv221 wrote:
    icon_lol.gif What fun are you people? yeah he had man boobs but....I love it when people do that, more power to him. Screw that job and the hair net

Yep, that's me....old 'no' fun ;)

Just tired (really tired) of the attitude that so many seem to have today that their company is 'screwing' them and they are 'underpaid' and 'under appreciated'. A lot of people don't like their job (I fortunately love mine), but it doesn't help keep companies here when people demand more and more and are less productive then ever.

Think about how many of your co-workers are late to work, leave early, take unnecessary sick days (or maybe it is you). 20 years ago, this wasn't the 'norm', and when it happened employers could fire the employee without being sued as quickly as they are today. And if you have the foturne of working at a place where the employees do show for work....how many hours are spent surfing the web for NON-work related material (and as an IT guy you probably know)?

Unless your working for yourself....there are a lot of people in the US who have it far easier then they really appreciate.

And Sprkymrk you are likely correct
    [quote="sprkymrk
    Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:34 am] .... And his line at the end said it all... "That bridge has officially been burned".

I think he may have a hard time finding another job if any potential future employers see this video, so he may have burned a couple of other bridges before crossing them. [/quote] I hope he did mess it up for a couple jobs to come. I've got too many friends who have lost jobs the past 2 years that he has no idea how lucky he was even if it sucked....he was getting a paycheck, he wasn't some punk teenager...time to grow up.

just my worthless opinion
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    time to grow up.

Most definitely! icon_lol.gif
    Plantwiz wrote:
    just my worthless opinion

Nah, that opinion is worth a couple of bucks for sure. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
    Your too kind :)
    Plantwiz
    _____

Plantwiz wrote:
    garv221 wrote:

Just tired (really tired) of the attitude that so many seem to have today that their company is 'screwing' them and they are 'underpaid' and 'under appreciated'. A lot of people don't like their job (I fortunately love mine), but it doesn't help keep companies here when people demand more and more and are less productive then ever.

Think about how many of your co-workers are late to work, leave early, take unnecessary sick days (or maybe it is you). 20 years ago, this wasn't the 'norm', and when it happened employers could fire the employee without being sued as quickly as they are today. And if you have the foturne of working at a place where the employees do show for work....how many hours are spent surfing the web for NON-work related material (and as an IT guy you probably know)?

Unless your working for yourself....there are a lot of people in the US who have it far easier then they really appreciate.

I completely agree with that.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I look at it this way ... most of those vid sites show very little that is truly funny.

As far as leaving a job - I have had many of them (lost count years ago), but could go back and work for any of my employers and would be welcomed with open arms.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316

Just on the flip side of the coin a quick morning TV item I remember.

This guys company was one of the runners up for best UK employer. He had 20 workers and 10 sales men, I think it was a printers. Now his company turn over just over a one and a 3/4 million pounds profit in that year. Now to celebrate he bought each salesmand a new car and the staff got the choice of £1000 or a paid foreign holiday for a week and some other benefits. Now although I dont want that extreme you think he had any problems with people coming in late or frequent sick days? He didnt seem to think so. People were quite happy to 'work' the extra mile cause they believe they are appriciated. ( sometimes thats better than money ) he also has had no one leave for the last 2 years.

just my 2 cents worth.

PS i enjoyed my bottle of wine as my christmas bonus this year with a free company calendar.

And yes Im off soon :D then they can realise what Ive done for them in the past! icon_mad.gif
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )