Options

Help with Red Hat

andra reenandra reen Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I installed red hat and now I can't install 98 back on my computer. I have tryed to fdisk it and format it. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    fdisk ... you will need to delete the non DOS partition before you can start your rebuild. I have however had one or two occasions that I needed something other than the windows fdisk to clear a drive of Linux - mostly I use System Commander for that.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    westseattle935westseattle935 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Okay,

Duel boots are very tricky. This may be the wrong forum for you as well. Try linuxiso.org to get expert help. Windows likes to be on disk 0 of the primary partition. Windows 2000/xp has a boot.ini file that can be modified to allow a more harmonious exsistance with the compitition.

I recommend a redhat 9.0/fedora core distro to start on. Partition the drive so that your primary partition is broken up between boot, / , and linux swap. The second partiton should be a secondary formated with the command: mkfs -t msdos /hda4Now install redhat as normal be careful to configure Grub bootloader option as Grub will be responsible for boot strapping windows and linux. Lastly boot win98 via boot disk or whatever and be sure to exacute the install script from the correct partition.

I screwed up the first few times, but you'll get it eventually. Now I use Linux exclusively. Spend time in forums it's a wealth of information.
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    WestSeattle! I love it! There is someone on this forum that is actually from my area!