Options

performance monitoring analyzer

LEONJSLEONJS Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I wondered if any one know of a software program that can analyze data from a counter log and come up with recommendations?

Thanks

Leon

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    MOM 2005
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    ive never heard of MOM 2005 i'll check it out thank you very much

Leon
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    MOM loosk liek an aweosme app form what I've seen

I was at a technet event and they did a bit of playing around with it my boos looked into it and said it was very expensive.

but it hleps you easily catch things before **** hits the fan which to me makes sense but to my company they say " what do I pay you for?"
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's too bad that your company looks at it like that. There isn't enough hours in the day to do the job I have to do if I didn't have a few utilities like that to help me.

If you have a smaller environment there is a MOM 2005 workgroup edition that isn't as expensive.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    Yea, i saw the qork group version its the prerequisites that are really killing me right now. I don't have a "lab" SQL server that i can play with and even using Vmware I dont have sql licensing. But thank you very much for the suggestion. I wondered if there are any other programs that exist that anyone has heard that i might try

thanks
    Leon
  • Options
    blargoe wrote:
    That's too bad that your company looks at it like that. There isn't enough hours in the day to do the job I have to do if I didn't have a few utilities like that to help me.

If you have a smaller environment there is a MOM 2005 workgroup edition that isn't as expensive.

Yes it is becasue I really do not have the time either to monitor things the way I should be.

I was aware of the work group edition... maybe I'll price it independantly rather than have him look at it.

my company is re-organizing as of late and my job duties are changing....basically I'll go from 60-70 users to supporting 700 and a few mroe domains so monitioring will be more critical with less time.

wish me luck
  • Options
    Geez I jsut looked at MOM for work group and it's a measley 500USD... for less than 10 servers. we have 9 boxes in the server room but one we do not use.... one is Ubuntu

at that price I honestly do not see how we can say no

especially with the ability to catch things before they hit the fan and weall know what dowen time can cost.