A Year Later

BubsyBubsy Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Firstly can i congratulate Webmaster on not only maintaining a great site but also constantly improving it. I was going to buy your Technotes on the Network+ but does not like me Switch card only wants Mastercard or Visa icon_confused.gif

Right I was suppose to do this Exam this time last year but somehow I put it off for a couple of weeks and all of a sudden its Xmas 2003 If anyone knows where all those Months went please let me know. I am now taking my Exam on Dec 16th all booked and have even booked my 70-210 for Jan 23rd 2004 as I am going to be confident and say I will pass Network+. Just want to know if My Book "Mike Myers All in one" is still up to date with the objectives of this Exam as I am only using this along with the free version of your Technotes (Which are very useful may I add). Also can anyone help me out with areas that are not covered in the Myers book but might come up in the exam.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Welcome back Bubsy :D

Thanks for your kind words!
    I was going to buy your Technotes on the Network+ but does not like me Switch card only wants Mastercard or Visa
    It take AMEX and Discover cards as well, but do you have a paypal account?
  • aznluvsmcaznluvsmc Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mike Myers book is fine for the Network+ exam and covers everything you need to know to pass the exam. As a heads up, make sure you are very good at identifying and troubleshooting network problems especially using the PING utility.

Good luck on your exams! :D
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I used Mike Myers for A+, and Network+. Passed both.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • BubsyBubsy Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry Webmaster do not have a paypal account. I live in the UK so have never heard of Amex or Discover. I actually have the exam on Wednesday so I hopefully will be ready by then. :P
  • netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    I recommend Examcram 2 and the Mike Myers passport books, as a study material I'm using Sybex. I also have the benefit of learning with the National IT learning centre, as a distant learning student, and I have to attend a two day workshop on Monday and Tuesday next week. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"
  • PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    Check the edition of the the Myers book you have. Then search on www.bookpool.com and see if it's the most recent one out. If it's not then, rather than buy a new book, spend a couple of hours at your favorite technical bookstore flipping through the newer edition to see what few things may have changed.

Good luck on your exams. :D
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • haltokhaltok Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pavlov,

Hey! have you purchased from bookpool.com before? I checked them out, and they are a lot cheaper on the Sybex CCNP set i am wanting (Comes out Dec 23) but i had never heard of them before and they were dirty cheap.. thoughts?
  • PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    I have purchased almost ALL of my technical books from bookpool :D They are the best value for books, IMHO icon_wink.gif
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    I, ah, um... I used the Network+ for Dummies guide myself. Good results, not a bad read, but no replacement for experience. Good luck tomorrow!
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003