Options

Passed 70 -270 Today

StanimosityStanimosity Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Scored 889. Supposed to do it yesterday, but snow closed the testing center (ruining my MS Exam Chi, or so i thought). Used MS press 70-270 book. Exam Cram2 70 -270. Transcender 30 day web-based learning. Also used techexams.net study guides. O and alcohol. Used MS voucher with exam insurance to take the test.
The world is flat

Comments

• Options
    dojodojo Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, thats nice to know, welcome to the club, :)

On my way to the MCSA highway!!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your first Microsoft exam. Welcome to the Microsoft Certified Professional club! Good luck with your 70-290. Don't hesitate to ask any questions that you may have.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    gdzgdz Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Scored 889. Supposed to do it yesterday, but snow closed the testing center (ruining my MS Exam Chi, or so i thought). Used MS press 70-270 book. Exam Cram2 70 -270. Transcender 30 day web-based learning. Also used techexams.net study guides. O and alcohol. Used MS voucher with exam insurance to take the test.
    How long did you study for this exam? :)
    gdz

n0 br41n n0 g41n
  • Options
    StanimosityStanimosity Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i kind of off and onned it for about a month. I really sat down and stuck with for about 1 solid month. every night but saturdays for atleast an hour (normally two). tried to take one atleast 20 question practice test every day after the first two weeks. For the test that i got, permissions were very important, as were rras settings. as always there were a couple of things that were barley covered in any of the reference material that i used ( example: security config and anlysis.mmc); or maybe i just don't remember seeing those things. questions were a lot of the time multiple paragraph so you had to scroll through (and if you did not scroll all the way down, the test actually gets angry with you) and then scrollup and then scroll down. And in my personal experience i swear they got the lights to be the same refresh rate as the monitors. curse you william gates and your crafty ways. it was nice being the only one in the testing center so i could cuss out loud when i got a question that i thought was mildly crappy. o and i highly recommend having a machine to practice with (virtual pc even).
    hope this helps.
    The world is flat